OC Tog 4/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Tog 4/24

Did a little Tog fishing from shore today in ocean city. This was my first time catching them from shore, first time on spinning tackle and first time getting them on a jig. Bait of the day was shrimp. Caught half dozen in a few hours, but biggest was only 15 7/8, lol. Still nice pullage and glad to get my first togs of the year!

Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Nice!!! Fun on a jig ain't it?

Comment

Yep, probably going to be my primary attack on them from now on.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'd like to try jigs, but it seems like I'd loose a bunch on the snags. Maybe I'd loose less rigs by just hanging bait? Thanks for the report.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I went today at the south jetty. Water temp was 51; pretty chilly. Visibility was pushing 8-9 ft. Not one bite. I ventured over to the bridge and around the bulkhead but the current was ripping too hard to effectively hold bottom.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I tried again Sunday morning and had a few nibbles, but not hookups. The current was ripping out unlike Saturday afternoon when it was coming in and slack while we were there. There were quite a few Korean fisherman catching several tog, but every single one I saw caught went back.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Ryan-what size hook and weight jig-head are you using?

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

I use 3/0 or 4/0 on the traditional tog rig and I used the tidaltails blackfish jigs 3/4 to 1.5 oz
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  I'd like to try jigs, but it seems like I'd loose a bunch on the snags. Maybe I'd loose less rigs by just hanging bait? Thanks for the report.

That is all I have been using since last summer. I do not lose many and I think I lost more on sinker rigs. I have a bunch of them from 3/4 all the way up to 4 oz. They are not that expensive if you lose a couple. I tend to lose a lot more bucktails than I do these and those are pretty pricey to lose.

Comment

Working...
                  X