Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about New combo units & Navionics chips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about New combo units & Navionics chips.

Looking at getting a new combo unit and trying to figure out the differences with the navionics chips.
    I've tried to figure out the differences before and to me its pretty confusing.

Was debating on the new Elite 7 Chirp or the Dragonfly 7. Im leaning towards the elite 7 chirp since im more familiar with lowrance.
    I've found it with a gold chart for $669 and navionics + for $699. (both with the 83/200-455/800 transducer) Or am I better off getting a base model and purchasing a different chart?

By the way, this going on my boat not my yak. I'm happy with my elite 4 HDI on my yak for now.

Any thoughts on the elite 7 chirp? not many reviews out there yet but it seems like a pretty good unit for the money.

Im also interested in any thoughts of a better unit under $1000.
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Guess it was worth a shot asking here. Thought we had some FF experts here.
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I'm no fish finder expert, but for the chip, gold vs +, + will give you more detailed charts (Sonar charts). The difference can be seen on their Web app when you zoom in. For the + you choose the area of the US you want on the chip and can change it as often as you want. The gold covers the whole US, but like I said at less detail. For both you can update the charts as much as you want for the first year and then after that it's $99 a year for that feature. If you go with the gold, after the first year, if you decide to pay the $99 to continue your subscription it actually converts to +.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Working...
      X