CBBT Sat 4-11-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Sat 4-11-15

Wow, what a feeling – to be back on the open water after many winter months!

Anyway, it was a somewhat fair day. Was on the water after 8 pm and headed to the 1st island with frozen green crab on the hook.

I’d say the water was in the high 40s. The day was nice: mostly sunny with wind 5-10 mph. Water was near flat with chops no more than a foot in the afternoon. Air temp high 60s.

Caught nothing between the SBCs, so I went to the 1st island in the afternoon when a passing yaker heading back in told me the action was at the island (he limited out on togs).

There were many yakers and boaters there. Two yakers caught nothing. One yaker caught a keeper. I saw a boat with five anglers pull up one fish (they soon departed the area). Another boater caught nothing. A boat with three anglers caught nothing and they left too. Another boat with two anglers pulled up a couple fish, but it looked like shorts.

It was 4 pm when I thought it would be a skunk day. BAM! I got so excited when I landed a keeper near the 2nd SBC.

My catch: 1 keeper tog (17”), 2 come-off togs

When I was loading up the car to go home, a passerby said some yaker caught nine keeper togs at some spot out there last weekend.

I may try again next weekend.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 04-12-2015, 11:53 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Glad you got one. I was the one that hadn't caught any all day, I was still out there at 4:00 as well, and that's when I caught mine too. They turned on at that time. The guy next to me caught 4 at the same time. One was 21". Maybe afternoon incoming is a good pattern now.
    2013 WS Ride 135
    2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by rwh View Post
      Glad you got one. I was the one that hadn't caught any all day, I was still out there at 4:00 as well, and that's when I caught mine too. They turned on at that time. The guy next to me caught 4 at the same time. One was 21". Maybe afternoon incoming is a good pattern now.
      Good job on the catches! What color is your yak? I remember one guy on a green yak; he has a silver pick-up too. Another guy was in a blue yak. The guy in a camo yak was the one that limited out. Anyway, next time we'll have to say hello using our MKF log-in name...lol..

Comment

I was in the sand colored WS ride 135. I spent most of the day just a couple pilings over from the 5 people in the boat watching them catch all the fish.
        2013 WS Ride 135
        2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Efrin,
          I am glad that you made it.
          it seems that the long winter is finally over. Did you go to all the way to the first island?

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Nice job and thanks for the report. I am definitely going next weekend as long as forecast is not bad.

Comment

Nice Job Efrin!

You going out on the water tells me that spring is truly here! LOL
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Great job! Good to see that they're there.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Yep, they're there. Seems like everyone is raving about the tog action at the 1st island. When I was there, there were a lot of yaks/boats within about 100 yds from the island.

Maybe I'll see you out there, John.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    Yep, they're there. Seems like everyone is raving about the tog action at the 1st island. When I was there, there were a lot of yaks/boats within about 100 yds from the island.

Maybe I'll see you out there, John.
                    You picked the right weekend for tog down at cbbt. I wanted to go, but it did not work out (ended up working all weekend). I am hoping to leave this Fri for a 3 day weekend of fishing down there, but long range forecast is not looking that great...hopefully that changes for the better. Hoping for remote chance of early flounder bite if the water temps keep rising like they have been.

-Fri & Sat not looking too bad right now. I do not trust wave height predictions on windfinder (forecast is for 4-6' waves and I seriously doubt it will be anywhere close to that since winds are predicted to be relatively calm on 4/17-18). I am about 85 percent sure that I am going to head down this weekend since I probably can't go the following weekend and tog season comes to an end after that. I am really hoping to hit cbbt for tog before the season ends.
                    Last edited by JohnE; 04-15-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X