No announcement yet.

2015 CBKA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can get some time in my kayak this summer and learn something about it I'll be there.

Comment

Even if you don't get out much you should still attend. All the guys in this tournament will help others and it's a great event all around!

Comment

Just Jim - I have heard it is a great event no matter what your skill level is. I didn't go last year due to a conflict so this year will be my first. I have fresh water fished a bunch, but don't have any salt water experience. I am looking forward to getting on the water and trying something new. It is also a great cause for the money that is raised. I hear there are an enormous amount of raffle prizes as well.
        WS ATAK

Comment

We are getting some great sponsorship for the tournament so far. Registration will be opening very soon. Get ready for a great time.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Always a great time! Unless you are directly involved I don't think people really appreciate the great amount of time and effort that goes into such an event so thanks to all who are. Involved!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to it this year.
              Travis
              Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
              Orange Old Town NEXT
              USN

Comment

lets start by saying I've never been to one of these before so my questions mays seem simple... just a few.... so my plan is to take a bunk in one of the cabins. the first question is, is there a fridge in the cabin to keep bait cold or do i need to maintain a cooler in my truck for the bait? second question is my plan is to come up early friday morning. will the cabins be ready for check in early on friday or will i be forced to fish all day then check in? not that it bothers me to fish first just would like to get things into the cabin first and then launch if possible. i have only been on the east coast here for 3 months and haven't fished north of the Patuxent river so far so this will be an entirely new experience. i have no care to win the tournament however i would like to catch some fish so if you all have any basic set ups/rigs i should be using that would be awesome. down here in the slower lower i troll 1/2 ounce pro jigs and Yozuri jerk baits when casting. other than that, shrimp is my favorite bait for the croakers down here. thanks in advance for any and all info given up.
                Rich
                Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

i am officially registered and will be staying in a cabin for friday and saturday. can't wait to fish around so many kayak fisherman. oh and i am super excited to see all the crazy mods folks have done to their kayaks. i love to see the DIY stuff that you all come up with.
                  Rich
                  Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Unfortunately, many of the cabins do not have fridges that I am aware of. The camp is not ready for us until Friday afternoon.
                    You should have luck using similar lures, but you'd probably do better up here with blood worms for bait over shrimp, but nightcrawlers work too.
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

thanks for the advice Shady. ice chest it is then. not that its a big deal to keep it in my truck or the cabin for that matter. i refuse to use bloodworms (in my opinion they cost way too much money for this west coast guy). if they produced huge fish all the time maybe but they haven't for me so i don't use em anymore. i will however take your advice and bring some nightcrawler as well. thanks again.
                      Rich

Comment

I agree, the only benefit I've seen for blood worm vs nightcrawler is just that they hold up better on the hook. I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought blood worms...
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

yup!!! I've used them 3 times and each time i was hoping i was fishing in the wrong location so i kept going to different water each of the three times. i also find that the nightcrawlers that are dyed green work better for the white perch down here than the regular nightcrawler. heres another question for the tourney.... is it even worth it to pack topwater lures? not sure how often there is a chance of bait balls and such or if working a walking bait works for the shorelines and such? I know back west in the Sacramento Delta the stripers love a huge spook walked very fast but haven't had luck doing it down south here
                          Rich

Comment

If I need bloodworms, then I use the Gulp Fish Bites in Bloodworm flavor...yum...80% of the time for me they work just as good and stay on the hook better. They are 1/2 the price of real bloodworms and a pack can last you many trips. Shady is right about the bunk cabins, they are not normally ready until after 3pm. We are typically busy setting up the camp for the tournament. It should be fun. It has been a blast every year and it has group form 35 plus anglers to over a 100.

Comment

What's the current count up to?

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                                What's the current count up to?
                                We're at 69. Quite a bit below the last 2 years when we topped 100. Putting in the t-shirt order tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X