No announcement yet.

First outing of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich, wow man, sorry. I had no idea. Sobering.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Oh MAN ...... So sorry for your loss ....... I can't imagine

Comment

Willf650, that area looks familiar, i only know of 2 larger ponds in northern delaware that have that many reeds. Looks like you had a great time!

Comment

Not being confrontational, just concerned about safety and the law states that you must have a pfd on when in the kayak from November 1 to April 30. I have witnessed a few times people capsizing in cold water, some with and some without a pfd. All were in trouble rather quickly and one almost drowned but luckily a bass boater witnessed it and was able to reach into the water and grab the guy by the hair on his head and pull him up, he was under for the count. If you think just because you know the waters that does not mean you are exempt for hypothermia if you capsize, and accidents do happen. So, for all of our sakes and yours, be safe, all of you, and wear that pfd.
          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
          484-459-9863
          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
            just concerned about safety and the law states that you must have a pfd on when in the kayak from November 1 to April 30.
            Doc, I personally agree with you on pfd's and wear mine all the time no matter the conditions but just pointing out for the sake of complete information that the law requiring a pfd from Nov 1- Apr 30 is a PA law. MD and DE do not have a similar law as far as I know.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
              Not being confrontational, just concerned about safety and the law states that you must have a pfd on when in the kayak from November 1 to April 30. I have witnessed a few times people capsizing in cold water, some with and some without a pfd. All were in trouble rather quickly and one almost drowned but luckily a bass boater witnessed it and was able to reach into the water and grab the guy by the hair on his head and pull him up, he was under for the count. If you think just because you know the waters that does not mean you are exempt for hypothermia if you capsize, and accidents do happen. So, for all of our sakes and yours, be safe, all of you, and wear that pfd.
              + 2
              Zach Moore
              Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
              Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
              YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

First outing of 2015

I'm done with this posting but before everyone jumped on the pfd band wagon this pond is waist deep. I have fished it wading when it's warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by willf650; 04-08-2015, 09:47 AM.
                1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                2015 Coosa HD
                2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

please dont take it as anyone trying to bash you

the kayak community is tight knit. We are all friends, all looking to help others.

That being said no one wants to see a crazy freak accident happen... and lose a member of its family.

for years i never wore a PFD bc i thought i was invincible in a pro angler...until i read that 13 people died last summer alone falling out of their kayaks.. all in great shape.. in local waters. knew how to swim... but somehow they never came up... that scared me.. i wear it all the time now.
                  Zach Moore
                  Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                  Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Agreed. I'm not trying to attack anyone. My belief for myself is that I always wear one. I also believe that as an adult you or anyone else can make their own choices. As you said, you were following the law and no harm was done. Keep up the reports, I'm just on the other side of the Delaware border in Maryland. I've never fished DE, but if you keep posting reports like this one I may have to make the trip over!

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Working...
                    X