First outing of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First outing of 2015

I'm a little behind most of you guys as today was my first outing of 2015. I sold two boats over the winter and picked up two replacements. These two new boats are my first sit on tops. I bought a used pro angler and a Coosa hd. This outing almost didn't happen as there were sustained 20mph winds with gusts to 40mph. It was a hard morning to say the least. I'd rather fish in the rain then in heavy wind.

This first outing was a better outing than any of last year. We caught around 30 bass that averaged about 15"-16" and included 4 at 20". We actually stopped/lost track of the count. When we looked at our phones we had 20 photos of fish and we didn't get pics of all of them. If I wasn't there today and some one told me this story I wouldn't believe it.

I like the Coosa HD and LOVE the powerpole micro. The powerpole is the best single piece of kayak fishing gear I've purchased to date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willf650; 04-04-2015, 05:49 PM.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Great pictures, at least the sun was shining.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

digging the delaware paddle sports hats!!!
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Sounds like a GREAT day out on the water! Great pics, I will be out on my local lake tomorrow. Hope I do as well as yall did.
        Tan-Tarpon 140
        Lime-Pelican Matrix
        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Nice catch,Where did u guys go out of
          Brian
          White Marsh MD
          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

First outing of 2015

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
            Nice catch,Where did u guys go out of
            This is in Northern Delaware. It's a small pond located on state game lands.

2015 Coosa HD

Comment

Wow, way to stick it out with those winds. I wouldnt even have considered going out today. It definitely paid off for you. Nice job!
              Mike

Comment

Awesome job! I was out yesterday morning for a few hours in the wind and it was really tough. Way to make it work!

WS ATAK

Comment

Just an observation besides the great fishing pictures.... Are either of you wearing pfd's? Where is that located in Delaware?
                  http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                  484-459-9863
                  If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                  *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                    Just an observation besides the great fishing pictures.... Are either of you wearing pfd's? Where is that located in Delaware?
                    I don't want to sound confrontational but you can see I'm not wearing a life jacket so I assume there is some hidden meaning for you asking the question.

I don't always wear a life jacket, especially in ponds I'm familiar with. I have one with me as it's required by law although its use isn't. I do use my life jacket when I'm in an unfamiliar location or large body of water. I just wanted to show an outstanding trip I had, it may turn out to be the best trip of the year. I will refrain from posting reports in the future as they very well may contain photos without a life jacket.
                    Last edited by willf650; 04-06-2015, 02:46 PM.
                    2015 Coosa HD

Comment

Nice pics and congrats on the catches. Means spring is finally here.
                      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post
                        I don't want to sound confrontational but you can see I'm not wearing a life jacket so I assume there is some hidden meaning for you asking the question.

I don't always wear a life jacket, especially in ponds I'm familiar with. I have one with me as it's required by law although its use isn't. I do use my life jacket when I'm in an unfamiliar location or large body of water. I just wanted to show an outstanding trip I had, it may turn out to be the best trip of the year. I will refrain from posting reports in the future as they very well may contain photos without a life jacket.
                        Nah don't refrain and no one's confrontational here. Doc Irv's a good dude. As kayakers, we have a wide range of folks and experience levels. As a result we've seen people get into real trouble just because they didn't know better, which is what we see more often than not. It's a by product of the fact that kayaking is quite accessible and with little or no experience someone can go to the store and be on the water in the afternoon. It looks like you've got plenty of experience, but most kayakers wear their PFD's 100% of the time on the water, certainly when the water is under 60 degrees. I talked to someone at a seminar a I gave last month and he shared with me the month he spent recovering after he went in 40 degree water. It was shallow, but as soon as his head went under the involuntary reflex caused him to inhale a bunch. It happened in the blink of an eye.

You had a great trip. Keep posting. Just know the people here do care about you as a fellow kayak angler and aren't looking to rub you the wrong way.

Tight lines bud,

Alan

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

Willf650,
                          Wow! That's a very successful trip. Looks like a nice place to fish.

I don't think you need to stop posting here. Hopefully we can see some of your upcoming trips.

Comment

Great Trip Guys !!!!!!! Looks like you have them dialed in .......... Don't mind Doc ........ He just didn't take his Midol ...... He didn't mean anything by it ........ I think you will find this is the friendliest site so welcome aboard ........ Look forward to your posts ........ I'm sure a bunch would love to fish with ya .........

Comment

great first trip of the year .

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                              Nah don't refrain and no one's confrontational here. Doc Irv's a good dude. As kayakers, we have a wide range of folks and experience levels. As a result we've seen people get into real trouble just because they didn't know better, which is what we see more often than not. It's a by product of the fact that kayaking is quite accessible and with little or no experience someone can go to the store and be on the water in the afternoon. It looks like you've got plenty of experience, but most kayakers wear their PFD's 100% of the time on the water, certainly when the water is under 60 degrees. I talked to someone at a seminar a I gave last month and he shared with me the month he spent recovering after he went in 40 degree water. It was shallow, but as soon as his head went under the involuntary reflex caused him to inhale a bunch. It happened in the blink of an eye.

You had a great trip. Keep posting. Just know the people here do care about you as a fellow kayak angler and aren't looking to rub you the wrong way.

Tight lines bud,

Alan
                              . Great photos of the bass outing and I hope your success continues the rest of spring .
                              We as kayak fisherman are a loving and concerned group of folks also a pretty close knit group.
                              I however have 3 photos of a successful October duck hunt in N.J. that remain as a remembrance of my younger brother and his best friend . They were taken just minutes before they flipped their canoe in calm waters in an area they were familiar with since childhood , 100 yards from shore 100 yards from the nearest dwelling . They died due to hyperthermia and the stress trying to make it back to shore .The third person who was wearing a PFD survived even in the cold water due to the fact he wasn't fighting heavy wet clothing trying to stay afloat . All were 19 and 20 year old guys good swimmers. I still have the pictures which survived in their camera . The one surviving kid has been bothered for the last 20 years by the incident .
                              So we would love to continue to see pictures of those great catches that is the reason Docirv asked the question.Sorry if it was taken as a criticism was not meant to be. Thanks for allowing me to vent a personal life long frustration.
                              So were not trying to be confrontational
                              Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                              Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Working...
                              X