Anybody fishing Seneca Lake yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody fishing Seneca Lake yet?

Thinking about trying my luck with some shore fishing at Seneca Lake in Black Hill Park. Has anybody got their line wet there the past few days? What's biting?

I know there were one or two people out there last weekend. I plan on getting out there this weekend. I would be interested to get a fishing report.
    WS ATAK

Comment

I might try and do Sunday. Anybody else want to plan a trip? Id love to pre fish before next weeks Delaware paddle sports tournament.
      Tan-Tarpon 140
      Lime-Pelican Matrix
      Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I'm heading out tomorrow. I have family obligations on sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        WS ATAK

Comment

I fished out there yesterday and it was tough. This was my first time to seneca and I must say it looks like a good fishery with lots of places to catch fish at various times of the year. I put in at the bridge and saw several spots that look great, but had trouble doing anything with them due to the wind. It didn't help that right after I put in it poured a nice cold rain for about a half hour. Needless to say I got skunked, but am looking forward to fishing this in the future, including next week.

For those that are familiar with this lake, how many launch locations are there? I see the boat ramp in the park and the one by the bridge, any others?

WS ATAK

Comment

As long as you have your permits there are others to launch from, just not as easy access. There are the neighborhoods in waters landing (long trek through the woods and no close by parking), also use to launch from wynnfield rd just opposite from lake Churchill. Like I said I'm headed out today to fish it. Let me know when you head out sometime we can plan a trip. Its a great lake! Pulled a lot of 4lb+ bass out of that lake.
            Tan-Tarpon 140
            Lime-Pelican Matrix
            Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I went out today from 11-4 Launched by lake Churchill, paddled all the way to the bridge and fished around the coves. I tried trolling crank baits, threw the new shadow rap a bit. Slow rolled spinnerbaits on the drop offs. Hell I even dragged a jig on the bottom. All this and no fish. The only thing I saw was a dead bluegill. I think I need to invest in a fish finder. Lol skunked again. But it was great to be out on the water again!
              Tan-Tarpon 140
              Lime-Pelican Matrix
              Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Hopefully we can both figure them out next time. I threw a variety of lures to. Maybe it was the cold front that came through and they just weren't back in the game yet.

WS ATAK

Comment

Working...
                X