No announcement yet.

Monday 4/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, Im jealous! Wish I could go with you guys. Let us know how you do!

Comment

cryptotek,

I hope our results justify your feeling!

But we'll have fun regardless and I hope you can join us or others on the water in the near future.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It was a good day...A little pullage for everyone.

If only the water was always this smooth:

A.jpg

DonV and Michele joined us:

B.jpg C.jpg

On the fly (Harry) is enjoying the easy paddle in calm water:

D.jpg

J. Rentch (John) is cruising by in his new Slayer Propel:

E.jpg

Raptor (Terry) humbled us with 8 fish. Here's one:

F.jpg

I trolled the entire session. I believe everyone spent most of their time trolling. I caught three stripers and lost one. Each fish that I boated was between 15 and 18 inches and each was fat and healthy looking. I got two on this X-Rap that I modified over winter by removing the trebles and replacing them with single hooks.

H.jpg

I was pleased to see the action on the X-Rap was not changed to the point that it dissuaded the stripers from striking. I should also add that I still buried a hook into my finger when removing a fish. But at least it was only one hook, not three!

I got one on this jig plastic combination:

G.jpg

Altogether our little flotilla hooked up with over 20 fish today in slightly more than 4 hours of fishing. There were enough hits to keep us interested but certainly not overwhelming numbers. I travelled nine miles for the three I caught. Each of mine hit in between 6 to 8 feet of water. I ventured into deeper water but got nothing. They were definitely in the shallower water today.

It was my first launch at Fort Smallwood. The area holds much promise for future trips with a relatively easy launch site and quick access to water of different depths. I look forward to returning.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Comment

That's right in my backyard, I can see Ft Smallwood and White Rocks from my deck. Can't wait to be done with house renovations and get out there!
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Nice work guys. It is great to see striper catches. I hope they show up in the Severn soon.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks for the invite. Nice meeting and seeing everybody on such a beautiful morning. My first time there and it was a great first trip of the year. The action was enough to keep you interested. Michelle landed two nice 19" and one 18". I ended up with four in the 17-18" range. Lot of missed bites mixed in. Light green paddle tail was the hot lure for us in about 8' of water.
              Attached Files

Comment

DonV,

It was nice seeing you and Michelle today. Thank you for joining us.

I like that photo of Michelle near the white rock. It looks like she's in the arctic.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Nice seeing everyone . Perfect weather and least no skunk.

Comment

Kudo's to everyone this morning, very enjoyable morning. First time at Fort Smallwood-great area, look forward to our next trip. I broke the stink with two about 16-17 on a white rattletrap. Found out that I need to work on my rodholders-need to be more secure. Also learned about putting "floaters" on trolling rods. Got some work to do before next outing.
                    Thanks for inviting me, enjoyed meeting some new friends.
                    John Rentch
                    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nice pictures. Good job everyone. You guys had a great day on the water, especially since it was a skunk free one. That's a good paddle to get to the white rocks.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Here are some pictures, as you can see from the front of our vehicles while launching kayaks the launch is a short distance.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                          Nice pictures. Good job everyone. You guys had a great day on the water, especially since it was a skunk free one. That's a good paddle to get to the white rocks.
                          It's not to far. Think about dead on a mile from the launch.

Comment

Working...
                          X