Monday 4/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 4/6

Mark, Raptor, myself, and possibly a couple others are going out of Ft. Smallwood park to fish the Patapsco.
    Park opens at 7 so we will probably launch around 7:30-8. High tide will be around 8:40. Right now weather and winds look good. ALL are welcome to join us. The park fees are 3.00 per day or all county park pass of 20 per year and of course the over 60 pass of 20 for lifetime ( I have not got there yet)
    Last edited by On the fly; 04-03-2015, 07:56 AM.

Harry,

You imposter!

That's OK.

We'll let you retain your membership given we may occasionally need assistance from a youngster.

Looking forward to Monday and hoping to see a good turnout at the launch.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
      Mark, Raptor, myself, and possibly a couple others are going out of Ft. Smallwood park to fish the Patapsco.
      Park opens at 7 so we will probably launch around 7:30-8. High tide will be around 8:40. Right now weather and winds look good. ALL are welcome to join us. The park fees are 3.00 per day or all county park pass of 20 per year and of course the over 60 pass of 20 for lifetime ( I have not got there yet)

Harry,

Didn't realize you were still "wet behind the ears"! Your membership as a charter member of the OGWLF has now come into question. Mitigation can be had if you lead the way to the Cracker Barrel, or Cracker Barrel like establishment, in the after fishing exercises. I can lend you a few years if you want to get a $20 lifetime pass. Seriously though - can you purchase the lifetime pass at the gate or, do you have to go somewhere else?

T.
      Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Terry,

I bought mine at the Downs Park gate.

I suspect you can get one at any AA county park gate.

You have to fill out a short form and show proof of age.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Comment

You can get the pass at the gate. the over 60 is actually a card you carry instead of a yearly vehicle sticker us younger guys have to get

Comment

I would love to join you Harry, but I'm reenlisting on Monday and my truck is in the shop right now. Look forward to getting out and doing some fishing with you guys this year. Looking forward to all the pictures, and report.
            Travis
            Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
            Orange Old Town NEXT
            USN

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance but I always thought that Smallwood was on the Mattawoman?
              http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
              484-459-9863
              If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
              *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Think I am going to be in on this. Couple questions.
                Is what I have marked on the map below the launch?
                Is the fee per person or vehicle?

Map.jpg

One other thing, I'm seeing SW winds forecast to be about 10 with gusts of 15 and slowly climbing towards the afternoon. Having never been to the area is that going to make the fishing tough? I did hit Ft Armistead a good bit last year and fished similar conditions but it's a little less protected at Smallwood.

Comment

docirv,

This is Fort Smallwood, one of many army installations along the Patapsco River erected to protect Baltimore in the 19th century.

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/par...wood/index.cfm
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Comment

DonV,

That looks like the launch in your photo.

It's to the right of the remaining concrete structure from the fort. See website in post above for photos.

There is a $3 entry charge per vehicle.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                      DonV,

It's to the right of the remaining concrete structure from the fort. See website in post above for photos.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                        DonV,

Don,
                        The launch marked in your photo is acutally where they are building a concrete boat ramp which is on the opposite side of the park. The kayak launch beach is located as follows.: go through the pay booth and follow road around until stop sign then make RIGHT (ft. will be on left). you will see the sign for the kayak launch area.

Comment

Don,
                          The launch marked in your photo is acutally where they are building a concrete boat ramp which is on the opposite side of the park. The kayak launch beach is located as follows.: go through the pay booth and follow road around until stop sign then make RIGHT (ft. will be on left). you will see the sign for the kayak launch area.
                          Thanks. Hopefully I will find it, the place ain't that big. Loading up now. Excited it will be the first outing of the year. I'm guessing trolling with paddle tails will be the plan unless someone can give me better ideas.

Comment

FT. Smallwood launch

Capture.jpg

The blue is the road way and red is beach launch.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15143[/ATTACH]

The blue is the road way and red is beach launch.
                              Thanks just saw that in Google Earth and thought maybe it was it.

Comment

Working...
                              X