DC Fishing Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Fishing Buddy

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I moved to DC a few months ago and I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet up and fish sometime. I'm free Saturday morning if anyone had suggestions for places in the DC area to fish...

Welcome to the area! If you want to do some shore fishing you should head to Fletcher's boat house above the chain bridge and try your hand at some shad fishing. If Ladyfish are the poorman's tarpon, then shad are his even poorer friend's tarpon! They are a lot of fun on Light to Medium light tackle and can be caught on shad darts, small hair jigs, small crappie jigs, or small shiny spoons. Look for them in current seams and try to swing your dart (or darts) through the seams.

A DC fishing license is a good deal at $13 for a year and there are lots of fishing opportunities along the Potomac in that area. Also, if you have a yak or are an early riser, there is a good shop at striper from a row boat, kayak, or even from shore if you're lucky!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me to the area and this site. I hope to fish with some of you guys this summer. I did just get a tarpon 120 and starting to set her ready for yak fishing!

Comment

I hit the Potomac for smb on weekends later in the summer when the water level drops (early June?). Swains lock, Violette's lock. Not too far from DC for you

Comment

I'm located North of Baltimore, we could meet up somewhere mid bay if you're ever interested!
          Daniel Kwon
          2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
          2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Comment

Working...
          X