How to Clean a Trout Quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Clean a Trout Quickly

It's that time, trout season. While it is weird catching fish that the fish I catch normally eat, it's relaxing, fun and requires skill. It's also a little easier to make a quick trip down to the stream than to the bay. Because I know you guys will be loading up the stringer, I put together a video to show a pretty quick and simple way to clean them.

You Tube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHl_...ature=youtu.be

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Enjoy!!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

I gave this a try tonight and it was fairly easy to do with very little mess to deal with afterwards. Got my fish marinating over night and will cook it up for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for posting!
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

I went out to Patapsco State Park (Avalon area) to introduce myself to trout fishing. I'd never fished a shallow river before, it was a good experience but I only caught one. Do you guys have any tips on the best places to go? I've got a copy of the stocking schedule, Patapsco is the closest place to me. I've tried spinners, worms, and power bait.

Comment

JohnP, that's a good place to go... Try Berkeley trout worms on a size 10 salmon egg hook, about 1' above that put enough spilt shot on the line so it will slowly drift with current without getting hung up.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
        X