Inno or Rhino Rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inno or Rhino Rack?

Anybody use either of these brands? I'm looking for a complete rack for a bare roof and so far both of these are cheaper new than any of the used Yakima or Thule racks I can find.

http://www.etrailer.com/multi-produc...anuf=SPORTRACK

I went with this rack here, so far so good. The fit guide is a little off and had to make some adjustments, but I guess it would be expected with a semi custom rack system. I hear good things about the rhino racks though.

Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I don't have any advice on the roof rack itself but if you end up wanting J racks to attach to it I am happy as a clam with this set that runs $35-$40 shipped from Amazon. They may make that loading and unloading you were concerned about a little easier. Also make strapping down a kayak go much quicker. Should bolt on to just about any roof bar you end up getting.

41ywCg3xTVL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/TMS-KAYAK-RK-J...+kayak+carrier

The bolts nuts and washers that come with the kit are not the greatest but are easily replaced. The J brackets themselves and the clamp barackets are pretty damn solid and I have been putting them to hard use for a year and a half with some serious highway miles and some beach/off road driving thrown in last summer.

Comment

I have the rhino rack, have not loaded it up yet but seems like a nice solid rack that will hold the kayak just fine!

Comment

I have the Rino Rack ski rack modified to carry 5 surf rods, but it is attached to Thule aero bar system. I am on my 4th year with no problems, just remember to lube the locks.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I have rhino rack and use a hobie outback on it and works great.

Comment

Thanks guys! Went with the Sports Rack n J- Carriers from Amazon

Comment

That's the same setup I'm using, only advice I have is to leave the bolt off the middle long bolt on the jrack. I tried to focus on them. If you install the bolt there is to much of a gap and they wont lock down on the bars.
                Tan-Tarpon 140
                Lime-Pelican Matrix
                Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by lovett88 View Post
                    That's the same setup I'm using, only advice I have is to leave the bolt off the middle long bolt on the jrack. I tried to focus on them. If you install the bolt there is to much of a gap and they wont lock down on the bars.
                    I didn't trust the plastic spin on nuts much and just used the bolts with a regular nut. I guess I used the nuts you mention leaving off. I am using the original hardware but can watch the bolts bend when I am tightening them down and I think I am going to replace at least the long bolts with something of a better quality. I sure can't complain I think my double pack of carriers was right around $70 and they are holding up well.

Comment

Do they come in pairs or do I have to order 2? The pic shows 2 but the description didn't state if it was a pair.

Comment

Yes they are sold as a pair.
                        Tan-Tarpon 140
                        Lime-Pelican Matrix
                        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X