Fishing on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing on Saturday

I am hoping to get out on the water on Saturday, upgraded to a Pro Angler 14 in February, and finally have an open weekend, and there's not ice everywhere. I'm dying to get out and fish out of this great boat!

Was hoping to fish the MAKBF tournament, since it's 5 minutes from my house, but it got postponed.

It looks like it's going to be cold, and a bit windy. I'm thinking too windy for open water(Ft. Amistad), so I'm thinking about Mattawoman.

Anybody else getting out this weekend?

hoping to get out sunday if the WSSC reservoirs open!
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

i read that the gorge is flooded to hell and dark brown water

no fishing in there for quite some time
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I'm looking to get out to Seneca on sunday.
        WS ATAK

Comment

Cool, thanks for the updates. I got all rigged up for the tournament and now it may go up to ft amistad for stripers if the wind will cooperate. Too bad Saturday can't be as nice as today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did anybody get out today?
            WS ATAK

Comment

I fished Duckett Resevoir and I put in at Supplee. Cold and windy. No fish but great to be out on the water!

Comment

Glad you got on the water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                WS ATAK

Comment

Went to Leesylvania State Park yesterday on the Tidal Potomac. The wind was brutal and eliminated several areas that I wanted to fish but there were a couple of stretches where the shoreline provided some relief. I have one of those Yakattack 6' ParkNPoles which work great on the softer bottoms you find on the Tidal Potomac. I would stick that pin through a scupper and work over any cover items I could find (riprap, laydown logs). Found water up to 50 degrees which was nice. Caught this fat little guy on a black & blue jig on a laydown log in 2' of water.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish Dave, he has definitely been feeding plenty with that fat belly. The water is definitely moving in the right direction.

WS ATAK

Comment

Originally posted by volboy23 View Post
                      Nice fish Dave, he has definitely been feeding plenty with that fat belly. The water is definitely moving in the right direction.
                      After a winter of fishing 15 - 25 feet deep for largemouth it was nice to finally pull one out of shallow water.
                      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish Dave! I will have to fish there soon. I have an 8' park n pole but I don't have my anchor trolley set up on my PA yet. It looks like there are some areas (Powell and Neabsco creeks) that would offer protection from the wind.

Comment

Nice to know some of them are up shallow. I haven't been out during the winter, looking to get out this afternoon for a little while.

WS ATAK

Comment

Volboy23 are you at Tennessee fan? Just curious, I'm a UGA alumni. I have relatives that live in Lewisburg about an hour from Nashville. Hope to see you out on the water sometime!

Comment

Ga- I am, born in TN, we are in the right conference, hope to see you out sometime too
                              WS ATAK

Comment

Working...
                              X