Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Wait a bit and settle for 12' or 14'. It will cover diff. Types of water and you would not think of trading it after a few outings. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by jetblackink View Post
      The Moken 12.5 weighs 72lbs. I can't imagine having to lift a 72lb kayak onto my car. Is this reasonable. Again I'm 5'10 n 165lb. What do you guys think?
      This is how I do it https://youtu.be/6wnzk1VOJa0 I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        This is how I do it https://youtu.be/6wnzk1VOJa0 I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs.
        Nice, how much does your kayak weigh? Honestly my car is pretty beat up on the outside so I wouldn't really be worried about scratching up the paint. I could throw a towel over the trunk n slide it right up that.

Comment

It's around 60 lbs but I'm sure I can load heavier kayak easily

Comment

Originally posted by jetblackink View Post
            Nice, how much does your kayak weigh? Honestly my car is pretty beat up on the outside so I wouldn't really be worried about scratching up the paint. I could throw a towel over the trunk n slide it right up that.
            See all that stress and worry for nothing. You will find a way and figure it out as you go along.

Comment

Alright guys, I'm all in on the Moken 12.5. Placing the order today. If I throw my back out I blame all of you. Seriously though, I appreciate all the help and support, you guys are great.

Comment

Can't blame me for i suggested the trailer. . Enjoy ur new boat!!
                Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Donsail68 View Post
                  Can't blame me for i suggested the trailer. . Enjoy ur new boat!!
                  True so you're off the hook! Thanks

Comment

Buying your first kayak is intimidating, I still remember it from couple year ago. Once you get the hang of it, you realize all that worries was for nothing.

Comment

You're probably right. I can't wait til it arrives. Still have to get a rack for my car. Can anybody suggest a decent but reasonably priced one for a naked roof.

Comment

I used the Yakima Q tower and they work great. I got them on Craig list for about $200

Comment

I missed this thread earlier....

Did you get the Moken?
                          Jake
                          FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

I did indeed. Maybe one day I'll actually get it out on the water. Its really nice to look at though.

Comment

You'll love the moken. And if you have issues you'll l9ve the customer support.

Comment

Working...
                              X