Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hey guys I'm new here and to kayak fishing in general. I love fishing and have been thinking about getting a kayak for a few years and I'm finally ready to take the plunge. I've done a lot of research over the past 2 weeks and my head is spinning. I've narrowed my selection down to 2 kayaks: Moken 10 lite or the Tarpon 100 angler. I've also considered a Pescador 12 but I'm leaning towards the first 2. I'll be fishing the lower susky between the Conowingo dam and Rock Run. Any help choosing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I know that Jake used to have Moken 10, it was a nice and stable kayak but very slow. He eventually upgrade to Moken 12

Comment

I would choose the moken 10 lite over the moken 10. Much nicer boat. But ideally I'd be in at least a 12. Love my 14. Mokens are great boats And feel free has great customer service

Comment

id get the ride 115x in that price range.

or a jackson cruise 10
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
          id get the ride 115x in that price range.

or a jackson cruise 10
          Unfortunately the Moken and Tarpon are the absolute peak of my price range. I can't afford a 12 in either a WS or a Feel Free and I'm worried about the logistics of dragging a 12 around by myself especially because I plan on walking to different I'm 5'10 and 165.

Comment

someone here is selling a used pescador 12. it is a mold of the older tarpon and ive heard nothing but good things about it. will def make for a nice first yak. plus its cheaper than buying new so you'll have plenty of money to spend on accessories.
            Michael
            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
            Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

If i were you, id wait a little longer, keep saving.. because your going to need wheels

dont just settle for what you can afford right now, you wait 4 months, you either find a great used boat for that range. or save up another 400$ and get the boat you truley want

worst thing to do for kayaking is settling for whats available.

get out and test alot of boats, and save for the one you want.
              Zach Moore
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I have wheels, the walking comment was not a completed thought. I have a shorter 4 door sedan n I'm worried about the logistics of putting a 12' up there and getting it down to the water where I plan on fishing because it will require a little bit of walking. I'm just getting frustrated because I hear so many different things about different kayaks. Does anyone know any places in or near harford county that I could try some kayaks? It seems like annopolis is the closest place.

Comment

your better going up to PA OR DE to demo multiple styles of yaks
                  Zach Moore
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

check out starrk moon 497 Cold Cabin Rd, Delta, PA 17314
                    (717) 456-7720,he sells mokens and always has some used boats.sent you a pm about a boat he had a month ago
                    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                    Hummingbird Helix 5
                    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Originally posted by jetblackink View Post
                      I have wheels, the walking comment was not a completed thought. I have a shorter 4 door sedan n I'm worried about the logistics of putting a 12' up there and getting it down to the water where I plan on fishing because it will require a little bit of walking. I'm just getting frustrated because I hear so many different things about different kayaks. Does anyone know any places in or near harford county that I could try some kayaks? It seems like annopolis is the closest place.
                      If it's any help, I routinely load and unload my Trident 12 onto an early model Honda Accord. I'm 5'8" 170, and out of shape =) The process isn't too much of a pain. A kayak dolly will assist you just fine for a walk.

Comment

I have a non-angler Tarpon 100 and I like it. However, I only use it on smaller rivers and creeks. Occaisionally on bigger water as a guest kayak if the conditions are right.

I added flushmount rodholders behind the seat, a scotty rocket launcher style rod holder for the tracks up front and a fish finder. Its nice for what I use it for.
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

(717) 456-7720,he sells mokens and always has some used boats.sent you a pm about a boat he had a month ago
                          Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                          Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                          Hummingbird Helix 5
                          Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
                            I actually went there yesterday. He is willing to give me a new 10 lite, astral Ronny vest and Werner skagit paddle for $900 n deliver it to me free in md thus avoiding sales tax. By my calculations that saves me at least $200. He is really pushing the feel frees. Seems like a really good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jetblackink View Post
                              I actually went there yesterday. He is willing to give me a new 10 lite, astral Ronny vest and Werner skagit paddle for $900 n deliver it to me free in md thus avoiding sales tax. By my calculations that saves me at least $200. He is really pushing the feel frees. Seems like a really good deal.
                              did they have any moken 12's there? ive been interested in picking up one. i def need to demo one and try it out
                              Michael
                              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                              Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Working...
                              X