Allens Fresh 234 bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allens Fresh 234 bridge

what up with one the sides of allens fresh on west side being block off?
    Notice there a danger no treepassing put up. I used to be able to go that side of the shore and fish there now it block off? One nice spot for yak to launch now block off.

Should be getting my yak this week and was hoping taking it out at alllens fresh but i made just go to wayson corner then.

Yea that side was closed due to knuckleheads trashing the place up. I would always fish from that side and would pick up trash left behind by others. I talked to one of the locals and was told that the owner of the property was becoming frustrated with the trash left behind and the destruction of some historical shacks in the woods there.

Comment

I think that side has always been private property. My first time fishing there, about 8 years ago, I got thrown out by a cop and even got a warning ticket. You can launch by the bridge on the east side. There is a little trail through the bushes behind the guard rail. At high tide you can launch right off the road there too.
      Green Old Town Loon 111
      Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

yea i wish they would remove the fences thing or refill that road near to 234, anyway what been biting at allens fresh getting tired of wayson corner mostly the mud there..

Comment

Fished Allen's on Saturday, caught white perch and a fall fish.

Comment

Thanks for the report, JayJ. Any size to the white perch? Was the action pretty fast? Above or below the bridge? Thanks. I have been skunked in two trips there the previous two weekends.
            Green Old Town Loon 111
            Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Due to the winds on Saturday, we only fished above the bridge. The fish were definitely gathered in tight pods. It wasn't fast but it was constant. Mostly small males, did not catch a female all day...

Comment

so with saying are the yellow done and mostly going to be whites now?

Comment

Anyone got any updates on Allen's Fresh? I heard they started to catch some over this past weekend, but haven't heard anything since.

Comment

Working...
                  X