Depth finder feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth finder feedback

I am looking into getting a Lowrance Elite 5 Dsi depth finder for my outback. will be my first one. can get a really good deal on it. anyone have any feedback on this unit? thanks.

I like mine. No problems. Shows the contour and structure of the bottom well (i.e.-grass, mud, rock, etc.). I usually fish in shallower water (2-10 FOW), so I haven't had a lot of experience with its ability to pick up suspended fish, but in the few situations I've had experience with that, its done well. It also picks up the water temp accurately and the GPS is spot on. The navigation is also useful if you save waypoints. A 12V battery runs the unit for about 12-14 hours.

Like with any other unit, having your settings set correctly will make the world of difference.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I cant speak for the DSI, but I am very happy with my HDI.
      Mike

Comment

got the HDI and like it.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I just upgraded from the 4dsi to the 5hdi and 2 things I have noticed. 1" bigger screen is huge for me in my old age and the addition of traditional sonar is very helpful. the 4DSI did a good job of finding depth and contour and the chart plotting.

Comment

Working...
          X