Best trout fishing day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best trout fishing day

I got really lucky. Fishing was really slow but fish are huge. Two of them are 20 in
    Attached Files

Nice job.

Mobile

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

You gotta appreciate the MD DNR! That pretty much pays for your fishing license
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
        You gotta appreciate the MD DNR! That pretty much pays for your fishing license
        I do but it's VA DNR

Comment

Haha lol!
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

And yes. One of the 20 in is enough to pay for the licence. Anything else is profit

Comment

How are you going to cook it?

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                How are you going to cook it?

Mobile
                I think my mom will use the heads for soup. I guess I will fillet and pan fried the rest.

Comment

Nice fish! I like trout and salmon cooked in the oven broiler, leave the skin on and put some butter, spices and lemon slices on the flesh side. Yummy.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Very nice! I am a great lover of smoked trout, the ones you have there might be big enough to share.
                    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                    Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                      Very nice! I am a great lover of smoked trout, the ones you have there might be big enough to share.
                      I keep hearing how good smoke trout is. I really need to learn how to smoke them. I'm thinking of getting an electric smoker since I like smoke ribs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        Nice fish! I like trout and salmon cooked in the oven broiler, leave the skin on and put some butter, spices and lemon slices on the flesh side. Yummy.
                        Now you see why I put the kayak away in the winter . VA stock some really nice trout. It is also safer and isn't require expensive dry suit

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                          I'm thinking of getting an electric smoker since I like smoke ribs as well.
                          If you have the room, check out the Pit Barrell Cooker. I've smoked ribs and chicken on a Brinkmann for a number of years, but always spent hours babying the smoker to make sure the temps were right. This is more of a "set and forget", but still offers the flavor advantages of charcoal. As soon as I get the addition put on the storage shed this spring, I'll be ordering a PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                            +1 for this method.

Nice fish! Fish like that would get me more interested in trout fishing. In the handful of times I have ever been, they are always tiny stocked trout.
                            Mike

Comment

SWEEEEET Khanh!
                              -Mustafa
                              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                              2016 Hobie Outback
                              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                              X