Lake Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Trout

Since it wasn't showing any signs of warming up I decided to go north this weekend for a rare shot at lake trout through the ice in a huge reservoir that's frozen for the first time I can remember. They were hungry. I was able to land 3 the first day and only one on day two before the wind kicked up. They were delicious baked with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and also al forno style.

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

https://youtu.be/SPxHeamRs3c

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice job. I took a trip to CT last summer and fished a small mountain lake. I had no idea until it was too late that lake trout were the prized fish there, I ended up fishing catch and release for pickerel. They were monsters, but I wish I had taken a day or two to try for one of their huge trout.
      Mike

Comment

Very cool, how far north did you have to go for that...? Do you tip the jig with anything?
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Just one state over... Jig was tipped with a shiner head. Best jigging technique was to use the flasher to find active fish then quickly jig up the water column and try to raise the fish off the bottom. Once you got them about 10 feet up they hit almost every time. It was really hard to get good hook sets with my wimpy ice rod but it made it much more entertaining

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Very cool. I've never caught one of those.

Comment

Those things are BIG!

Thanks for the video... made me feel like I was there... auger and all
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
              X