No announcement yet.

Water shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's exactly why I love them, they are the closest thing to a normal shoe that I can wear every day or around town after I get off the water.
    Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
    Yep, I have a pair of Astral Brewers and I love them. They, assuming I remember to wash them, look normal enough to wear as shoes, drain and dry quickly, and are very grippy on wet rocks. Their only flaw is that the soles are black rubber and will mar stuff.

Fyi, a magic eraser and vodka will remove said marring from the inside of a dryer, but the vodka smell will still give you away.

Comment

I NEVER saw myself one day wearing CROC-like shoes but I bought them specifically for the kayak from Walmart for $10. They are cheap, light, float, drain great, dry very quick, provide some level of sun protection, and if you get the right size and use the heel strap, they will stay on. Their functionality won over my fashion sense. I even heard one guy at Ft. Belvoir tell me the CROC-style shoes even helped his 8 year old son float his legs up when they tipped over in a canoe in Dogue Creek.

Prior to the generic CROCs, I tried sandals (would slip off and risk losing them in the water), old sneakers (HATED the wet shoe feel and especially if any sand/small pebbles got in the shoe), and barefoot (sun burn and painful entry/exit out of the water). I never wanted to shell out more than $15 for any kayak specific footwear.

Comment

I decided to give these merrell maipo's a shot, a little pricey but I get a pretty good dicount on merrell products.

Comment

They look nice. Make sure you put up a review once you have had some experience with them.

Comment

I will definitely give my thoughts after a few outings in them

Comment

Not sure if mentioned already but I saw Zeko shoes at the sportsmen show and going to try a pair.

Comment

just got a pair of zeko shoes, we shall see.... www.zekoshoes.com what do you think?
                http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                484-459-9863
                If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Those look nice Doc, liking the blue camo ones a lot

Comment

I just purchased some camo crocs with adjustable straps. The straps should I be tight enough to keep from getting stuck in the mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had my crocs in the mud yesterday. Mine have the adjustable steap. Just be easy working your feet out of the muck. Theres enough suction I could feel the strap stretching under

Comment

Ok good advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

anyone try the teva refugio? im debating giving it a try for the summer. never had a shoe like water shoe. only use crocs for now but after installing the rudder this weekend was thinking itd be easier with shoes than crocs to manage the pedals

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
                            anyone try the teva refugio? im debating giving it a try for the summer. never had a shoe like water shoe. only use crocs for now but after installing the rudder this weekend was thinking itd be easier with shoes than crocs to manage the pedals
                            I've got a pair in black. They are really comfortable...very lightweight and easy on the feet. Prior to that I wore Merrell's. They were just the opposite, really uncomfortable and I'd wind up with blisters from pedaling. On slick surfaces the Teva Refugio is not quite as grippy as the Merrill's, but that's a tradeoff that I'd gladly live with!

Comment

How long have you had them? How fast do the dry, do they they get the stink?

Comment

I got them at the beginning of last season. I haven't noticed that they take any longer than any other water shoes to dry. I couldn't tell you exactly how long. If you're religious about rinsing them really well when you get home, they should not get the stink. I had a pair some years ago that got the stink and it was totally my fault. I got lazy and didn't rinse them off after freshwater fishing. They sat in my trunk for a couple days "fermenting". I always rinse them now unless I'm fishing a tournament and plan to be right back out there the next morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X