Water shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water shoes?

Not sure if this topic has been covered because I couldnt find much on here but what are you guys using for water shoes in the spring/summer time?

Crocs, because they are cheap and comfortable. Usually take them off after launching and go barefoot in the yak.
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Agreed on croc-style shoes. Easy off, easy on and best of all, they drain water very easily. Only con is if you're entering/exiting in sand, you may pick some up in your croc.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, anyone try any traditional shoe style such as the sperry son-r series shoes or something along those lines?

Comment

CROCS - very functional .

Comment

I wear an old pair of running shoes. They are comfortable and give my feet better cushioning and support than sandals or Croc-type shoes. Since they are shoes I would otherwise discard (tread is already worn down), they cost me nothing.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Yeah John I was looking for a more shoe style myself

Comment

I wear a pair of water sneakers by Teva. They drain well, give good support on the pedals and foot rudders, plus sun protection. They do stink like hell if you don't rinse them well at the end of the day trekking in marsh mud, had to set them outside of the tent on an overnight lol

Comment

I found Osiris Vapor on Amazon for like $15. I was searching for more of a skate style so wakeboarding was close. I have yet to use them but I dig them. I can't bring myself to wear crocs or anything like them. Not judging people who do just a personal preference. Haha.
                  Kevin Markland
                  @k.markland
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...XAJGcn9VEYDG2w

2015 Wildy ATAK- Flint Camo
                  2014 Perception Pescador 12- Sand

Comment

Yeah I am by no means a fashion guru but I cant bring myself to wear crocs, just me though.

Comment

I've tried all sorts. Crocs, Shimano "Croc-like" fishing shoes, topsiders, and neoprene boots. Before I had my Hobie, I wore sandals quite a bit. Not so much anymore.

I will say this, personally, I would not want to wear tennis shoes. I hate nothing more than wearing a wet piece of clothing that isn't supposed to be wet. Wet shoes are about the worst.
                      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I'm another advocate for the crocs, or the generic ones sold at walmart. The crocs are a little better quality, but for under $10 you can't go wrong at walmart. They float, they wash off easily and they don't stink at the end of the day. They are not great for walking into a muddy bottom. They may get stuck down there. I've worn them for years.

Lately I've gotten a pair of Kokatat Scout's which are basically neoprene booties with a rubber sole. They're low profile and strap on so they won't come off. They're a good water shoe option as well. You can see them here: http://kokatat.com/products/footwear...1kfdosa89irsu3
                        I've only had them a few weeks but so far so good as far as fit and comfort.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

I like my Keen Newport H2. Like Heminingway, I like a well draining shoe that gives good support when peddling. I tried crocs but did not like the drag/resistance from the water, the amount of sand that gets in them, and how they come off if I jump in the water.
                          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                          Cobra Explorer

Comment

+2 on the Keen H2, use them in streams, on the yak, and in the surf.
                            Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                            I like my Keen Newport H2. Like Heminingway, I like a well draining shoe that gives good support when peddling. I tried crocs but did not like the drag/resistance from the water, the amount of sand that gets in them, and how they come off if I jump in the water.
                            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Cooler weather I have neoprene booties that were made for snorkeling. I bought them off Amazon and they were very reasonable. In summer I have my Keens. They are indestructable and they float.
                              Hurricane Skimmer 128
                              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                              X