No announcement yet.

Water shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of Teva water shoes but use them mostly when fishing from a boat. I wear them occasionally when in my kayak but prefer to pedal my PA barefoot, so I usually slip on a pair of flip flops until I get seated in the kayak.
    HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
      I wear a pair of water sneakers by Teva. They drain well, give good support on the pedals and foot rudders, plus sun protection. They do stink like hell if you don't rinse them well at the end of the day trekking in marsh mud, had to set them outside of the tent on an overnight lol
      He isn't lying about the smell! haha

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I use the teva style sandals. Since i keep them in my trunk, i find these dry quicker than old running shoes, and hence smell less. Also - when i decide to wade, they are plenty sturdy on the rocks etc

Comment

thanks for all the replys guys, I am going to look into a few options mentioned so far.

Comment

I have usually worn crocs in the past, sometimes sandals (chacos, but the chacos I have are way too heavy). Last summer I started wearing some sanuk shoes and really like them...better than sandals for me because they provide good protection from sun for the tops of my feet. I thought they would feel soggy and not dry fast enough, but they dry extremely fast and are really comfortable for pedaling.

Comment

I wear these in the summer: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/col...colorFamily=04

I got mine for $42 with a coupon. Comfortable for pedaling, walking and drain fast. Aren't too crazy looking, either.
              John D.
              2015 Hobie Revolution 13
              GO RAVENS!!!
              GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

+3 on the Keen Newport H2 which are my go to summer wear. Do any of you hobie owners were wading shoes in colder weather? I will be a hobie owner soon and I'm curious if you can peddle with wading shoes?

Comment

I'm going to try these from BP

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sp...3082106114027/

Comment

I started out with the Teva's the first summer and they started falling apart pretty quick so I don't use them anymore. Since then I have been using the Columbia water shoes, a version of their cool shoes and good drain. I just wait until some time during the winter to pick up a new pair. Columbia clears them out and I typically find a pair for under $20. I mostly fish in the potomac and reservoirs. The potomac does a number on these as they will get dirt and slime on them and start smelling at some point during the year, but for a cheap price I don't mind ditching them at the end of the year and getting a new pair for the coming year.
                    WS ATAK

Comment

I too was anti-Crocs for a while but I gave them a shot late last year. They are surprisingly comfortable. I bought a tan pair and they don't look bad with a pair of lightweight fishing pants.
                      Mike

Comment

Check out astraldesigns.com they make some nice kayak/fishing shoes.

Comment

I stay rocking my Crocs, but I also got a pair of Columbia Drainmakers. I like them, they drain nicely and also have much better grip on slipper launch sites. The outlet out in Queentown had them on sale for $15 over the Winter. Can't beat the deal. Only downside is sand gets stuck under the sole, you can't feel it, but I know it's there. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                            Check out astraldesigns.com they make some nice kayak/fishing shoes.
                            Yep, I have a pair of Astral Brewers and I love them. They, assuming I remember to wash them, look normal enough to wear as shoes, drain and dry quickly, and are very grippy on wet rocks. Their only flaw is that the soles are black rubber and will mar stuff.

Fyi, a magic eraser and vodka will remove said marring from the inside of a dryer, but the vodka smell will still give you away.
                            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Lots of good info/recommendations!

Comment

I get out and wade quite a bit in the Potomac. I have some wading sandals but the pebbles can make it a bit uncomfortable so I have gone with a Korker Boxcar. Need to get a larger pair to fit over my neoprene waders also I have been looking at the Simms Rip rap
                                Last edited by zak; 03-09-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X