No announcement yet.

Water shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess what I mean about drying is there not like wet tennis shoes are they? How do you feel they've held up? Also I read they run small, is this true?
    Last edited by mebe007; 03-23-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Nope, not like wet tennis shoes. Tennis shoes tend to have a lot of material that absorbs and holds water. Thus, they seem to take a while to dry. These drain quickly and do not really hold water. The jury is still out on how they will hold up. I expect to get at least 2 hard seasons out of a pair of water shoes. I did not have a "hard" season last year, but they still look great. I ordered my exact size and they fit perfectly. I can't say if this is the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
        I guess what I mean about drying is there not like wet tennis shoes are they? How do you feel they've held up? Also I read they run small, is this true?
        My Teva drain well and dry much quicker than tennis shoes (no swamp foot), it would be nice if they had a more microbial material constructional. But in all fairness, I spend a lot of time in them, and when I camp overnight it is not practical to waste precious fresh water rinsing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
          I spend a lot of time in them, and when I camp overnight it is not practical to waste precious fresh water rinsing them.
          woman-holding.jpg

Sorry man, I just couldn't resist. I never rinse them when I camp overnight. If you'll be right back in them the next morning, they'll still be wet anyways, but should not be stinky.

Comment

I'm kind of torn between the refugio and soloman techamphibian 3. Both look nice. Anyone where the soloman?

Comment

I had a pair of teva's two years ago, first water shoes I picked up after getting my kayak. I used them that summer, not even a full year and they were falling apart by the end of the year. Maybe I just got a bad pair, but decided to stay away from the. They were comfortable and they drain pretty quick. Any decent water shoes you buy are not going to be wet like tennis shoes, they drain much better and are pretty dry within a short period of time.
              WS ATAK

Comment

That's what I like the look of the Soloman, as it seems to have leather main construction like keen newport with mesh panels to keep out debris with a tough sole

Comment

I also wear Teva water shoes. I have the Fuse-Ion. Great traction, quick draining/drying, easy off and on. I agree with Hemingway, hose them off or they stink. Also worn them for general boating, sailing and whitewater. Looking at gettin a new pair of Astral water shoes this year.
                  Zach
                  Annapolis, MD
                  Rudow's FishTalk Magazine
                  Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5
                  Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13
                  Old Town Topwater PDL 106
                  Native Watercraft Redfish 10

Comment

i have a pair of sperry sonars. I too wanted a pair that were "shoe like", something i could slip on and off quickly, something light and comfortable. the sperry sonars met my expectation. little more expensive at around 50$ but, hey, quality gear isnt cheap right?

Comment

I'm still thinking of grabbing some son-r shandals. Ordered a pair of sperry sea kites on Thursday night for the wife and i. Pretty good deals to be had on sperrys website under final clearance

Comment

Working...
                      X