So what happens now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what happens now??

That silly groundhog and my trick knee from years of running track tell me that winter is over now, and its time to get out on the water. I don't quite know what all this snow, ice and impending melt means over the next 2 weeks, 30 days and the fishing year. I usually fish the Wayson's Corner/Jug Bay area and the bay near the South River, but will the fresh water from snow melt keep some of the more salt loving fish away? Are rivers the ticket for a while or will the water be too clear/cold or muddy. Just trying to learn how spring fishing works here. Thanks. Tight lines everyone!!!
    Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

I normally fish the same areas as you in Maryland and Delaware early on, but we will not know what is biting until we get out there. I think there is a M&G next weekend in Bushwood. Looks like the weather will be warming up this next week for that....thank goodness......

Comment

I say it time for a new ground hog and a new weatherman the ones we have are wrong most of the time.

The Striper will be here but getting them to bite in water that looks like Chocolate milk is another story. If the flats are to muddy give The Delaware river a shot just north of the C & D canal. There is a ramp in Delaware city and 1 across the old canal on what was an old military base (Ft. DuPont ? ). If that doesn't work I am headed south looking for cleaner water. Maybe Wachapregue for Flounder and Cape Charles for Red Drum and Striper or even farther south.

Comment

Used to fish Wachapreaque as a child 10, 11, 12 yrs old back in the early seventies. My uncle used to own and operate a campground about a mile before the town proper. Flounder fishing was great on the Bradford Bay and we used to picnic on Cedar Island. Thanks for bringing back the memories Jeff. Oh, one more day closer to warmer weather.
        Joe
        Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160

Comment

i checked out tuckahoe creek and choptank in denton on wed and they were running hard and fast from last weeks snow melt . this additional snowfall from thursday is just going to add to the mess . with all snow they got north of us this year i would assume the bay is going to be nasty when the warm up begins .
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Originally posted by nw2yak'n View Post
            Used to fish Wachapreaque as a child 10, 11, 12 yrs old back in the early seventies. My uncle used to own and operate a campground about a mile before the town proper. Flounder fishing was great on the Bradford Bay and we used to picnic on Cedar Island. Thanks for bringing back the memories Jeff. Oh, one more day closer to warmer weather.
            Do you know if that Campground is still there and open ? Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X