No announcement yet.

HELLO EVERYONE (the NEW guy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video is not very impressive. Looks very top heavy with the seat in that position. Also looks like the paddle should be a foot longer so you don't need to lean left and right to reach the water. Like Joe says, looks OK for ponds, but nowhere with waves or boat wakes.

Whatever you decide to get, after your first meet and greet when the pedal armada passes you and moves out of sight, you'll wish you had a Hobie or Native propel

Comment

Welcome aboard! One thing you might want to consider is the weight capacity. Look at your body weight with clothes for both warm and cold weather. Then look at the gear you will be bringing with you. A lot of Kayaks have a 350lb capacity and others have a 500lb capacity. Just another thought.
      ENJOY!

eyedaddy

Comment

I saw an Ascend FS128Ton the water.
        Yesterday I towed an Ascend FS128T to the boat ramp.
        The wind was very strong at Rudee inlet yesterday. We all struggled to move forward against the wind. The wind was at around 20 MPH very frequently. I noticed a kayaker with strange behavior. To me, in remote distance, he kept circling without fishing for about an hour or doing something on the marsh. I finally recognized that he couldn't get back to the boat ramp. I thought he must have been exhausted. I towed the old guy back to the boat ramp. His kayak was ascend FS128T.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          So, what was the problem with the Redfish12?
          yeah, i have the same question?? i have paddled them and think they are great. its like paddling against air, very slick...at least on calm water, i have never paddled them in 2-3 feet waves. But i was comfortable/felt safe at 6'-2" and 225lbs. Just goes to show how opinions are to be considered....
          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Welcome Chef....finally. Please listen carefully to the folks on this site. I know you have been following it for a while and if you noticed not many of them fish from an Ascend. For the type of fishing you and I have discussed, this is not the safest yak for you. Regardless of whether you choose to paddle or peddle for a few dollars more you will enjoy the fishing experience from a yak much much more, not to mention being safer. Most of the guys who have responded to you have several hundred hours of yak fishing and know of what they speak. Also, buy a quality PFD.
            2015 Outback
            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I owned the FS12T for a year, but then I upgraded to an OK Trident 12 early this year. The main reason for upgrading was that the FS12T could not handle the weight of my trolling motor, the battery, and myself. I'm 5'8", 170lbs. The problem has already been mentioned here. The rear deck is too low, and the weight in the rear would flood the compartment through the scuppers right at the pier. If you're not using a trolling motor, then the FS12T works just fine as a fishing kayak. Fully functional, and you can add the bells and whistles. However... the FS12T is slow. I didn't realize how slow until I paddled my Trident 12. Night and Day difference. The FS12T can take waves though just like the more expensive kayaks, and it is very stable in my opinion... but slow.

I initially started with the FS12T because I didn't know if this was a sport I would get serious about. DEMO KAYAKS. You may love the FS12T, you may not. We all know what it's like dying to get out on the water, but be patient and it will pay off. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Just realized I kept saying Trident 12... I meant 13!

Comment

Working...
                X