Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Miami guide/rental/tackle advice

Hi,

Next week I am heading to Miami for work. I think the way things are looking I will have Friday and Saturday free and clear. I would love to get some fishing in and have been looking into guides and/or rental places. I will be in the city and working in Key Biscayne, staying right by the causeway. I have found a few places googling around but would love any lead anyone here has. I think I will have to do a rental, as my work is nuts and I would hate to pay for a guide and then have to cancel at the last minute and lose out.

I would also love some input on what tackle to buy/bring. From reading reports, it looks like specks and reds are what biting in Biscayne bay right now. I am shaky enough on freshwater fishings, my knowledge of salt, especially tropical saltwater, is next to nothing. Again, googling has given me a good start, I have some 4' swimbaits in various colors and an assortment of jigheads and swimbait hooks, but other then that, I only really have bass tackle. Rig-wise, I am going to bring a cheap M action telescoping rod and a 3000 Okuma reel. If I can figure out how to pack it I can bring a 2part M action rod along.

I would love any input on this stuff you guys might have. Thanks.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10
Working...
X