Kaybernation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaybernation!

Just woke up to 20 degrees and snowing again, figured i'd say hello and and go back to bed.see ya'll in April!

Can't wait
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Even Cowkid2 is disappointed that it's snowing again...and she loves snow.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Bought a new baitcaster fishing Rod/reel combo and strung it up today just to be closer to a tight line in the water. It helped for a bit, but then reality hit when I looked out and saw the snow. Spring is close!
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

This winter sucks, now the ice skating on the roads and walks begin. Between slip and falls and accidents, should be and interesting morning.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
            This winter sucks, now the ice skating on the roads and walks begin. Between slip and falls and accidents, should be and interesting morning.
            Roads were good for me this morning. Sidewalk at work was it's own carnival ride.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Looks like a bunch is melting today ....... Watching it driping

Comment

FYI-just drove over the Severn River Bridge (Annapolis) and great to report the middle of the river is open up to the bridge. The edges and creeks are still frozen, but looks promising.
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                  FYI-just drove over the Severn River Bridge (Annapolis) and great to report the middle of the river is open up to the bridge. The edges and creeks are still frozen, but looks promising.

Here are a few photos taken from the fishing pier at Jonas Green at 1:30 this afternoon. The middle part of the river was open, but the wind was howling and it was @#$%^% cold on the pier. Note the swath of floating ice chunks between the ice sheet and the open water. I checked out Manresa Cove and Weems Creek -- both were fully iced in except around docks or boats with bubblers.

20150302_133534.jpg 20150302_133545.jpg 20150302_133701.jpg 20150302_133753.jpg 20150302_133759.jpg
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

My home water pickerel spot has been turned into a hockey rink by the neighborhood kids. The fish are safe for a while.

Comment

Well, those Jonas Green photos show a little progress. I actually see some waves.

On Saturday when I drove over the Route 50 bridge the Severn was pretty much covered in ice.

Spring surely has to hurry this year to meet its date with the calendar!
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Another good size storm coming 3/4-3/5. Big 8" plus swath of snow for the region, most forecasts still calling for 1-3", but watch them start upping the forecasts big time in the next 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                          Another good size storm coming 3/4-3/5. Big 8" plus swath of snow for the region, most forecasts still calling for 1-3", but watch them start upping the forecasts big time in the next 24 hours.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this ...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
                            I'm going to pretend I didn't read this ...
                            Haha, I want to get out fishing too, but I love me some snow. I obsess over forecasts when there is a chance for white stuff. Weather.com starting to get on board with snow toatals this morning, but watch them increase even more. Looking like 6-8" around eastern NoVA into DC and then 8-12" over towards Baltimore. Solid foot over Baltimore region. I am still waiting for the big one, but looks like the big thaw should start next week and this might be the last big snow event for the season.

Comment

Now you did it ... you made me look ...

Thursday: "Record low temps expected."

... I need some booze in my coffee ...

Comment

Working...
                              X