Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Z-Man Weighted Trigger hooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realized after I posted that that you asked about the swim bait hook...doh! I don't run those, just jig heads. I started fishing the bay with the jig hook put in the weedless way, tip hidden in the split fin and continuously missed fish.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Have a good bit of them in the tackle box that I picked up from Outlet Bait & Tackle pretty cheap. Have used them a few times and liked the ease of rigging. I don't believe I have landed a fish on them, now I don't know if I want to. Thinking about it now it seems that it may not have been a wise design choice, most likely why they were clearanced out. I'm such a cheapskate and lazy, I'll still use them and take the risk but it is nice to be aware of and I'm plenty aware after seeing that. Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        Run the hook down the center not so deep in the back of the tail and leave the bend of the hook exposed. It will catch grass, debris and crab pots, but that's the price to pay when it means hooking fish vs seeing the rod bounce and missing fish.
        Good tip, I'll try this for sure. I tried Zoom swimmin super fluke for largemouth last year and had so many missed good hits and runs it was very aggravating. I found that the bass will tear that lure up! but they are pretty thick and I have yet to find a weighted hook with a wide enough gap to allow the fish to get hooked. I'll try hooking it off center with some weighted hooks that I have, otherwise I'll use jigheads with them.
        2013 WS Ride 135
        2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

More interesting info, thanks.

Someone, somewhere must be using swimbait hooks to good effect, just based on how many different ones are on the market. One of the few bright sides to insomma is that it affords a lot of time to read up on such things!
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
          X