Remote fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote fishing

Anyone know what's the most grassy creek off the potomac? Chicamuxen, Piscataway? I was shown a place on google maps a few months ago by a bass boater, but can't recall exactly where it was. The only place I saw that had a launch site close by was Piscataway and Mallows bay. I think the depth is only 6' at high tide in the area I'm looking for. He complains about it since he can only get his 21' boat in at high tide, I think he hates yakers for that reason lol. It's supposed to be a goal mine for fishing, very few motored vessels either.

Piscataway creek is pretty grassy. I always wondered if it had to do with sewage plant up the creek & how clear that water is. You can launch off of wharf road and that will put you across from the marina and further up the creek.
    -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Here are some photos taken from the launch.

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg
      -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by quikdrive View Post
        Piscataway creek is pretty grassy. I always wondered if it had to do with sewage plant up the creek & how clear that water is. You can launch off of wharf road and that will put you across from the marina and further up the creek.
        cool, how far have you gone up the creek? It gets pretty narrow once you get past 210

Comment

I haven't venture very far up the creek. Check out some of the reports on here about Piscataway. Nice little spot.

Here is a good one http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=piscataway
          -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by quikdrive View Post
            I haven't venture very far up the creek. Check out some of the reports on here about Piscataway. Nice little spot.

Here is a good one http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=piscataway
            yep, that might be the one, but I've also found a whole lot of creeks and river marshes all over the place, even in Anne Arundel etc

Comment

Broad, and Piscataway have lots of SAV growing in them. Especially back in the creeks. Broad used to have extensive grass at the mouth of the creek, but is has been a little thin the last few years. The backs though still have lots.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
              X