Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fishing the Lake Anna MAKBF tournament this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fishing the Lake Anna MAKBF tournament this weekend?

I've never been to any of these events and I've never been to Lake Anna. Is anyone planning on going? It seems like fun. I assume I need to buy a Virginia fishing license?
    Jackson
    Jackson Cuda 12
    Field and Stream SOT
    "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

I am going down with jaspratt

i know of about 40 people from MD going, some from PA some from NJ and VA residents as well
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Alabama - the events are a good time and you get to meet great people. I fished most of them last year and plan on doing it again this year. I am not sure about getting down there saturday. I want to, but not sure about the cold weather and need to make sure I have the right gear.

Bass Moore - if there are that many going that might make the biggest turn out yet. I believe there were 40+ at the first event last year, but not that many at any of the others.

anybody know how warm the water is on the warm side?
      WS ATAK

Comment

thanks for the reply. I'm really hoping to make it out. A report from a couple weeks ago said the water was from 42-48 degrees on the warm side
        Jackson
        Jackson Cuda 12
        Field and Stream SOT
        "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

I believe the water on the "warm side" will be more like 48 degrees at the lowest ranging up to 70 degrees depending on how close you get to the Nuke Plant discharge. I think the water on the "cold side" of Dike 3 would be where you would find the 42 - 46 degree water.

p.s. - a Virginia Freshwater License is needed

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/licenses/
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was going to attend this tournament but I have to work, which seems to be the story for the next two tourneys as well. Good luck everyone, very much wish I could be out on the water with you.
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

do i need to register or anything like that before showing up. or can i do everything at the check in?
              Jackson
              Jackson Cuda 12
              Field and Stream SOT

Comment

You can do everything right at check in

I would look up the facebook page for information, they are using a live scoring system this year.
                WS ATAK

Comment

Originally posted by alabamaangler View Post
                  do i need to register or anything like that before showing up. or can i do everything at the check in?
                  go to www.makbf.blogspot.com for the tournament homepage and the link for the facebook event is https://www.facebook.com/events/777679352315973

Comment

Working...
                  X