using outdoorsman expertise for stock investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using outdoorsman expertise for stock investing

anyone here ever use their outdoorsman expertise for an investing edge? obviously there is more to picking stocks than good products, but it sure helps. assuming no accounting fraud (which will send CEO/CFO to jail under SarbOx) and no extreme mismanagement, superior products lead to market leadership and growing profits.

I made some good profits holding Johnson Outdoors (JOUT) from about $20 to $26 but bailed too soon, its now at $31. I got into it b/c it is a profitable small-cap company that pays a dividend, and I liked their sonar and diving product dominance. As I said I'm out of it now and not pitching it, just and example of my concept at work. (Also amazing how being an owner instead of consumer will change your thinking re: sales, competition, unfair cranky product reviews, lawyers, government, etc. etc.)

Anyone have any ideas (companies) worth checking out? Obviously anyone who invests based on an internet BBS recommendation does so at their own risk. caveat emptor. nevertheless, an idea must start somewhere!

a missed opportunity was Cabelas (CAB). $5.61 to $68.64 between 2009 and 2013. nice ride missed but there is more than one fish in the sea.

Comment

Working...
    X