Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing

Hello all! I'm brand new at this and I'm looking to purchase my first Kayak for fishing. Any suggeations or things I should consider when buying? Thanks

Kayak Fishing

Greetings Jessica! Welcome! You have come to the right sight to have your yak fishing Q's answered. The members here have been a great help to me. Check the "Tackle Shop" section of Snaggedline at times. You will find some quality yaks for sale at various times of the year. I actually have my first yak for sale in there now. It's a very stable yak and also some extras are included. But the main thing to consider is what's comfortable for you! Good luck and again welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
    Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

Welcome! I started kayaking back at the beginning of last summer and once you start you get addicted and usually want to upgrade from what most people will tell you. I would say you should try and demo a few kayaks out before buying but when I started I never did that lol. Most people tend to my an inexpensive kayak first then upgrade but you'll see a lot of people that do that upgrade quite quickly. Kayaks seem to hold there value quite a bit you will learn so even if you bought an expensive kayak you could still sell it for a little less then what you paid and still be well off. My suggestion would be if you are really getting into the sport definitely don't go cheap. I started with an ocean kayak trident 13 and loved it but then upgraded to a hobie due to how far I drive to get to the water and it's ability to handle wind and rougher water. Paddling in rough water is never fun! So hopefully I helped you a little on your process. Always look on Craigslist or here for deals on good kayaks because they are out there!

Comment

Welcome. I also just posted one of my kayaks up for sale, so might be worth taking a look...probably one of the best deals you will find, but it may or may not suit your needs. I listed it on here for Snaggedliners below what I would ask on CL.

Comment

Hi Jessica,
          Definitely try some kayaks out before purchasing one. You're probably excited about buying one and rightfully so. Kayak fishing is a blast and addictive. But you'll want to get just the right one after seeing many types. Hope to see you out fishing this spring!
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
          X