Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/electric-...ght-and-travel

Will never run out of battery .......... Can run 2.5 mph without a battery ........... Will charge the battery while running. It means I can run full speed to places to fish and charge the battery while fishing .......

Now I just have to figure out the best way to mount it.

Oh ...... And I found a deal

I don't know how you will mount that on a kayak. Maybe if you get the umbrella top hobie sells but still it's a pretty big panel.

Comment

Here's a guy that put 1 on an outback or a Revo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXyd3ajd7w

Comment

OMG, that is incredible, hope the panel is not as costly as the motor.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

They're usually @ $900 .......... Got this 1 brand new for about the cost of 1 of their batteries....... Actually it was less than a battery
          Last edited by Memory Maker; 02-17-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Let us know how it works. I've been intrigued by the solar panel albeit turned off a bit because of it's size.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

MM you sir are a deal ninja! LOL
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                MM you sir are a deal ninja! LOL
                LOL ....... thanks ........ this 1 found me .......... was looking for a deal on a Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 on Ebay when I found this and nobody else bid on it so I lucked out. It was the same day that I sold 1 of my rod wrappers so it all fell into place.

Comment

Its an interesting concept but how are you gonna mount this thing?! That setup in that youtube vid looks ridiculous. Would you really wanna have that thing taking up the whole bow of your yak and cutting off access to the front hatch??
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

wow,that thing is so big you may have to tow it behind the kayak on its own raft!

...thats what she said...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      wow,that thing is so big you may have to tow it behind the kayak on its own raft!

...thats what she said...
                      That's not a bad idea actually. But to mount it on the front and troll all day, that's alright too.
                      I'll test it out for ya Rick!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                        That's not a bad idea actually. But to mount it on the front and troll all day, that's alright too.
                        I'll test it out for ya Rick!
                        I may have to let you do just that since you're the engineer ............ I was thinking that I might see if I could mount it to a dodger. Might have to get 1 to see if it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                          Let us know how it works. I've been intrigued by the solar panel albeit turned off a bit because of it's size.
                          Yeah ........ I didn't get it before because of the size. However, I have a 503 engine too that I could rent a boat at Loch Raven and use it all day for just the cost of a boat rental without the engine. Same for Piney Run I think.

Anyway ......... I might be able to just leave part of it rolled up and see if I can get a charge out of it or the dodger idea or maybe a frame. To me it's worth it if I can run at 6 mph to anywhere I want to go fish and get back quick.

The thing gives off 44 amps at 48 volts and either it or the battery has circuitry to rachet down the charge for the thing it is charging. I've looked at a bunch of solar chargers and batteries and Torqeedo solar charger are really cheaper than most for what you get from what I've seen. It rolls up, weather proof and saltwater proof, 48 v @ 44 amps, plug and play, built in circuitry, built in flex frame ...... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                            Its an interesting concept but how are you gonna mount this thing?! That setup in that youtube vid looks ridiculous. Would you really wanna have that thing taking up the whole bow of your yak and cutting off access to the front hatch??
                            Well ....... I don't access the front hatch when I'm out there anyway. I'm too heavy and moving that far up makes the PA unstable for me ......... and if I did have to, then all I have to do is roll it up. Don't know how I'm gonna mount it but I will figure out something ......... I hope. If not then I'll sell it ....... probably for more than I paid for it ........ but for me it's wothr it to never be limited in speed and battery.

Comment

Ahhh yea I didnt know that you had a PA... I was thinking about how it would look on my revo which has a lottttt less space. Seems much more feasible with that boat
                              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X