Brand new to kayak and kayak fishing - need help to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new to kayak and kayak fishing - need help to learn

I have a Jackson kayak Coosa I just purchased but I have never been in a kyak. Sooo I live in Waldorf Maryland. So is there someone or a club that can help me figure this out. I really enjoy fishing.
    Rlevin73@verizon.net

I am new to this sport as well. Just started last summer. This is a good sight for contact with folks. They are very helpful with information. We have monthly "meet and greets", see main forum for our yearly schedule. There are a couple of members that live in your neighborhood, you might hook up with them when it warms up a little. Too cold for me.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Best advice....don't buy cheap. Buy quality at an affordable price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
      Tarpon 120
      Ascend D10T

Personal bests
      25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
      Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Welcome to SnaggedLine!

I am sure you are itching to get out on the new yak but I'd definitely recommend holding off until the weather warms up. A dunk in freezing water would be bad news, and the chance for that is definitely higher if you don't have experience with the yak.
        Mike

Comment

To Kevinfry
          Many thanks and yes very interested!
          Let me know when
          Russ

Comment

Welcome to the site, you will find here what you need to feed your new addiction, opps I meant sport. Use the search bar at the top for topics. There are a lot of great users on this forum who are more than willing to help.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Welcome to Snaggedline.

You'll find plenty of kayak fishing opportunities listed on this forum.

I hope to meet you on the water.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome! You might want to come out and join us on one of the meet and greets: http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...edule-for-2015

Comment

You are at the doorstep of some of my favorite waters. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding places to go. Salt one way, fresh the other...
                  John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                  Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I live in Waldorf also. It's to cold for me to fish right now, but once the ice thaws and it warms up I'd be willing to meet up with you and do some fishing.
                    Travis
                    Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    Orange Old Town NEXT
                    USN

Comment

Welcome to the kayak angling community. You will soon realize how helpful and welcoming everyone really is. I fish in The Midatlantic KBS and we have a couple events down your way this year. All the details can be found on snagged line.You should come out. Everyone is there to have a good time and have a shot at winning a few bucks. I would wait til the water and air temperature warm up before venturing out. If water temp plus air temp do not make 100 than hypothermia is still a possibility.
                      Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
                      Wilderness Systems Ride115
                      Wilderness Systems ATAK
                      www.paddlinforbass.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Eikenberg View Post
                        Welcome to the kayak angling community. You will soon realize how helpful and welcoming everyone really is. I fish in The Midatlantic KBS and we have a couple events down your way this year. All the details can be found on snagged line.You should come out. Everyone is there to have a good time and have a shot at winning a few bucks. I would wait til the water and air temperature warm up before venturing out. If water temp plus air temp do not make 100 than hypothermia is still a possibility.
                        Thank you Matt:
                        I am really looking forward to hooking u with some folks who can show this ole guy the ropes. I used to sail on merchant ships but have never heard the "100" rule. It is really interesting and I will listen. I have the Jackson Coosa and Big Rig. Why 2? It seemed like a god idea at the time and they were end of year buys. Can't pass up a good bargain. Please let me know when events in this area are coming up. I do catch and release and also really enjoy fly fishing. Just for future reference my email is rlevin73@verizn.net and cell s 301-848-0161

Many Thanks

Comment

We will be at Mattawoman Creek May 30.
                          Wilderness Systems ATAK

Comment

I have read a few things in hypothermia. Some say 100 and some say 120. I would stick with the 120 to be as safe as possible.
                            Wilderness Systems ATAK

Comment

Mattawoman Creek

Originally posted by Matt Eikenberg View Post
                              We will be at Mattawoman Creek May 30.
                              Matt would really like t meet you there. Please let me know exactly where I can get together with you that day. Unfamiliar with the location.

Regards
                              Russ

Comment

Working...
                              X