1/7 - Wilson Bridge PB blue cat and biggest fish from yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/7 - Wilson Bridge PB blue cat and biggest fish from yak

Had to take my buddy dson05 out before he left to get married and I never see him again.

This was a fun trip! It was pretty slow to start. Then I saw a soft bite, and the line started moving. This bad boy was pulling out line, and fighting pretty hard. Once I saw it, I was TOO excited... and just grabbed it by the mouth (bigger ones have bigger teeth) and threw it in the yak. And dropped my rod into the water, thankfully I caught the line before I lost my new rod! Once I let out all the woohoos, I remembered to put the fish grip on and measure it. And it filled up the WHOLE hawg trough! 30" blue cat! and FAT! So glad I bought a waterproof camera, now I have to get a mount so the lens doesn't get wet. Sorry the picture is a little blurry.

Only caught one more, but had a lot of bites. I probably could have made the bait smaller, but couldn't resist putting huge chunks on after the 30". dson05 caught a good amount, all over 20" most in mid 20".

We tried to fish as long as we could, since the park closes at 10pm now. But once that sun goes down, fingers and toes start to go numb. Still not bad for a few hours of fishing.

P2070172.jpgP2070174.jpgP2070182.jpgP2070185.jpg

hmmm... One of the cats looks very comfortable.
    Anyway were your gloves waterproof?

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

nice blue! by the way, it looks like the tail goes all the way to the end of the hawg trough, so I think your cat was 31"!
      Last edited by Turtle135; 02-12-2015, 07:41 PM.
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

@ComeonFish - They're waterproof, but have slits in them for your index and thumb to come out. But water still gets through the slits, which was why my fingers started getting cold. I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it.

@Turtle135 - thanks man! I can't believe I didn't notice that... WHOOHOO 31inches!!!

Comment

Nice blue cat, it's nice in the summer to have the park open till 10:00. I can head there after work and still get a few hours of fishing in.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

[QUOTE=kuljc;105848]@ComeonFish - They're waterproof, but have slits in them for your index and thumb to come out. But water still gets through the slits, which was why my fingers started getting cold. I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it.
            QUOTE]

I've been using Glacier GloveĀ® Ice Bay for years in winter. For me, they are the best gloves in winter so far. I take the gloves off only when I make knots.

Joe
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

What were you using for bait

Comment

Originally posted by rkoconvulse View Post
                What were you using for bait
                shad bought from korean grocery. A few bucks gets you a HUGE shad

Comment

Working...
                X