No announcement yet.

Looking for a good shore fishing spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good shore fishing spot?

So this morning my girlfriend volunteered to go fishing with me Valentine's Day morning. She has never expressed much interest in it before so I really want to jump on this. Unfortunately, none of the bank fishing spots I know about are going to be super productive right now. She did not seem very excited at the prospect of sitting on a pier waiting for a cat fish to bite on some stinky shrimp. We both enjoy hiking so a spot that required a bit of it would be fine.

Can any of you guys suggest somewhere that would have a decent chance of being fruitful this Saturday? We live south of Annapolis and would be willing to drive an hour or so each way. Thanks.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Unless youre interested in ice fishing, might be best to get a rain check (err maybe ice check, lol) for this one. Looking at single digits temps Vday morning...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
      Unless youre interested in ice fishing, might be best to get a rain check (err maybe ice check, lol) for this one. Looking at single digits temps Vday morning...
      Hah, yea, I pointed that out but she says the offer still stands. I love hiking in the cold, if I can't find a spot to fish we might just do that.
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

do you have a kayak for both you and your girlfriend to use? you should both come out to the meet and greet next week. ill be bringing my gf as well.
        Michael
        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
        Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Not sure about bank fishin or the location, try Port Deposit pier or Perryville pier.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

You could also hike/trout fish the gunpoweder?
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

St Mary's Lake Camp Cosoma Rd off of rt 5 in Great Mills. You can bank fish and hike around the lake. Crappie, bass and blue gill

Comment

Originally posted by skinnywater View Post
                St Mary's Lake Camp Cosoma Rd off of rt 5 in Great Mills. You can bank fish and hike around the lake. Crappie, bass and blue gill
                Do you know if the lake is free of ice? Right now all the lakes and ponds up my way are frozen over with no relief in sight.
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Turtle135,
                  On Sunday this last weekend there was thin ice on the edges of St. Mary's lake but most the ice was gone by the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ View Post
                    Turtle135, On Sunday this last weekend there was thin ice on the edges of St. Mary's lake but most the ice was gone by the afternoon.
                    Thanks! I would guess with the lows in the teens for the next several days that the surface may freeze up some.
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
                      do you have a kayak for both you and your girlfriend to use? you should both come out to the meet and greet next week. ill be bringing my gf as well.
                      Not yet, but I think I can get her into the kayaking part this summer. Sadly I am out of town working next weekend.

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                      Not sure about bank fishin or the location, try Port Deposit pier or Perryville pier.
                      Where is the Port Deposit pier? I wasn't able to find anything that was a sure fit. I have been out to the Perryville pier years ago before I got into fishing but had totally forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder.

Originally posted by skinnywater View Post
                      I dont know why I have overlooked this lake for so long, it is only about 90 min from my house. It looks like the perfect spot.

However, her resolve to head out in the cold is faltering. I think my counter offer to go to the Pasadena flea marker for early morning pit beef and beer is looking more likely. I have been somewhat ignoring the weather forcast of late in an attempt to get spring to arrive by force of will and hope.
                      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Well, they did just stock trout in the Daniels area of patapsco today if you're interested in that
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                          Well, they did just stock trout in the Daniels area of patapsco today if you're interested in that
                          That might be your best bet but it is supposed to be in the single digits tonight and really cold the next couple of nights so open water might be a concern ............. Also it is pretty cold for a non fishing person ..... Might not be a memory they would want to repeat ......... It's a great idea though ...... Good luck

Comment

Should I tell her that the flashing bike light is like her twinkling eyes?

BunnieLab,
                            Are you sure?

I think I became a wise old man. My plan changed.
                            Forget the Lake Anna Fishing tomorrow on Feb 14 (Valentine day). I bought tickets for a concert at AU.

I know, I can get up at 2 AM, drive 1.7 hours, fish, and come back home by 2 PM. I have enough time for getting ready for the concert.

But I will stay home, cook breakfast and lunch for her. I will say she looks wonderful tonight at least 5 times randomly.

Then I will tell her that I have to pay for the citation for not having lights on the truck bed extender. I will tell her that I already had put the trailer light kits on the extender, and I drove one day already. "So no more future issues. "The END of the story", I hope.

I am still debating myself this. "Should I tell her that the flashing bike light I put on the end of a kayak is as beautiful as her twinkling eyes?"

Joe
                            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-13-2015, 06:02 PM.
                            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

They just stocked a few places for the trout season. Daniels area at the Patapsco Valley State park isn't iced over. I was there yesterday... Good trails too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X