Where can I kayak in Frbruary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I kayak in Frbruary?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just getting into kayaking/fishing. I bought a Native Watercraft Mariner 12.5 and a Hobie Mirage 12. I really want to take them out on the water and test them out, where should I go? I'm in the Silver Spring/DC area. Most of the parks are closed until March here in Montgomery County. Thanks in advance for any tips on where I can go this month and possibly even fish!

Originally posted by pedro View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and just getting into kayaking/fishing. I bought a Native Watercraft Mariner 12.5 and a Hobie Mirage 12. I really want to take them out on the water and test them out, where should I go? I'm in the Silver Spring/DC area. Most of the parks are closed until March here in Montgomery County. Thanks in advance for any tips on where I can go this month and possibly even fish!
    Seneca Creek state park is open all year round. There's a small soft launch for kayaks. And then there's always the potomac river and chesapeake bay. Be sure to dress properly. Water temps are below 40.

Donnie
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

If you are just getting into kayaking it might be prudent for you to wait until spring when water and weather are more conducive to learning the ropes of kayaking. A mid-winter dunking can easily and quickly be deadly.
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I appreciate your response guys. I looked up Seneca and it is open year round. HJS thank you for your advice, although I meant more for Kayak fishing. I have canoed and whitewater kayaked some time ago. I am mindful of the weather and will take the necessary precautions if I do go out. I definitely will be needing more advice on where to fish when that comes around!

Comment

Hi Pedro, I think that I met you at the Flea Market last week. There are a bunch of kayakers going to fish for yellow perch on the 21st of Feb for our Feb Meet and Greet. Just look for the thread in the main section for information.

Comment

That's right moc. Will be on the lookout. Thanks

Comment

just a heads up, Clopper Lake (the lake in Seneca Creek State Park) is frozen over right now
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I really like my couch....

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
                  Hello, I'm new to the forum and just getting into kayaking/fishing. .....
                  Show us some pictures of your kayaks so we can help you out with rigging... it'll go a long way with all the expertise here. That's quite a "quiver" of kayaks for a first timer... They sure are nice ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X