Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schoolie Stripers at Lake Anna Dike 3 (Jan 31, 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoolie Stripers at Lake Anna Dike 3 (Jan 31, 2015)

As the air temp continuously dropped, more schoolie stripers moved to Dike 3 area, warmer water. The air temp was teens in the morning and reached up to 39 F. The cold air was the one I waited. The cold air definitely push the striper to Dike 3 from the cold upper lake. The water where I fished were 44-48F.

Initially I wanted to catch some blue back herring and live-line for stripers. But the cold air discourage me from dealing with cold wet hands when handling live baits.

I gave up catching herring, and search for the stripers. I found feeding birds first. The FF showed a good number of stripers where birds were feeding. But the bird disappeared quickly.

I kept trolling one line and held a spinning reel combo for casting. When there was no action, the spool froze so I dipped the reels in the warm water to cast or to reel in the fish. Here and there I saw stripers. Each time I saw them I fished the area thoroughly.

I caught about 15 stripers and a LMB. That was good enough before the January is over.

Thank you
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-05-2015, 10:38 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I love these videos!

Comment

Thanks for the fishing report. This time of year I live vicariously through others and you always deliver.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice job! Everything is frozen over up here, so I appreciate seeing the catching.
        Last edited by JKay; 02-07-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Great job. Thanks for the report and video. Makes me want to get back out fishing. Thinking about heading down there soon. Never caught a FW striper before. Maybe I will even try to make my own Gopro fishing video for the first time now that I finally got myself one.

Comment

Excellent video as always!
            -Jon
            Revo 13

Comment

Great video. Really enjoyed it.
              Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
              X