No announcement yet.

sonar seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be in to attending something like this. Can use all the help I can get when it comes to electronics. Thanks for organizing.

Comment

I agree with others, this would be very helpful for any fisherman
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

And the final decision is ........... I am still waiting.....

Comment

I will be looking into a separate class for the group but the one at bass pro is still on. Will keep you updated via a new post once I am able to figure it out. Kinda busy right now but will get to it as soon as I can.

Comment

Thanks Harry for your effort. Think everyone will look forward to what you come up with.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I would look forward to a class on sonar.
              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
              Cobra Explorer

Comment

I went to Bass Pro this evening for the seminar. It is actually titled more "Marine Electronics"...
                The gentleman running the seminar is very educated on the products. He condenses 8 hours into an 1-1/2 hour seminar.
                He discusses the uses for each type of electronic devices used on the water for safety and fishing. From VHF radios, epirbs, Radar, GPS as well as the Sonar/Fishfinder equipment.
                He did spend more time on the sonar and HDS/HDI systems than the other electronics. But not so much on the "How to use" these products but more on how to read the screen images.
                The information he provided was helpful, but I would really have liked a more hands on demonstration of the how to use and setup the systems as well as be able to read the screens.
                If we as a group were to be able to a private seminar - great - but have more on the usage and setup details.

Comment

I have never owned or operated a fish finder. I found the illustrations and descriptions of how to read the various screen views extremely helpful. The differences between sonar views and side and down scans were striking. The explanations of chart plotting and waypoint capabilities were also interesting.

But it was a lot to take in for a novice in the matter like me. I could attend again and still learn more. A kayak-specific version of the seminar would be especially good. I hope that can be arranged.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I also attended the seminar and found it very informative. But as Mark mentioned, I would like some instruction on the "how to use" a FF. so I would agree, a seminar for our group would be nice. Hope this can be worked out.
                    John Rentch
                    Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I would like on for our group and perhaps focus on how to use one and the different settings in general.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                        I would like on for our group and perhaps focus on how to use one and the different settings in general.
                        me too since I missed the class
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I too would love to learn how to use my FF better
                          Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

I and my family would definitely be interested in this
                            Pc4sun- you going to jamaica bay?

Comment

Working...
                            X