Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning to fish Lake Anna Dike 3 Cold Side on Jan 31 (Sat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to fish Lake Anna Dike 3 Cold Side on Jan 31 (Sat)

I am heading for Lake Anna Jan 31 for stripers.
    As temp drops, I think there will be more small stripers available at Dike 3.
    I was there on Jan 17. It was a tough day. Caught 3 stripers at 16-18" and 2 small LM. I didn't see schools of stripers at all.

I hope I see many schools of stripers this coming Sat. I will be launching at 07:00 AM

Dike 3 Public Launch:
    • 3611 Moody Town Rd. Bumpass, VA
    • No cart is need. Hand carry about 70'
    • The water temp should be 45-50F within 2 miles of the launch. I usually try to find striper images on FF first while trolling.
    • The water depth changes rapidly and frequently. I usually set depth to AUTO.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-28-2015, 07:52 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I think I saw you on the 17th i'll probably be there Saturday too.
    Thanks, Collin
    Olive Hobie Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by Afrofisherman View Post
      I think I saw you on the 17th i'll probably be there Saturday too.
      Thanks, Collin
      So your friend were on a yellow Hobie?. It was a tough day. I think this Sat will be a better day. I believe you both have Hobie and that is a very good news. I assume that you guys have FF.

I think I will be on a grey Hobie adventure this coming Sat. I will find a couple of spots for the day before 09:00 AM. Please come to me if you launch later than I do.

FYI,
      The upper lake wasn't iced at all last Sunday. I want the north part of the lake, above Stub Bridge, freeze, so that stripers move to the Dike 3 for the warm water.

See you there.

P.s. in the second half of February, I will head for CBBT (Norfolk/VA Beach/Chesapeake) for my first February tautog. Since you want to try ER, I can pick one day for ER. If you want, you can park your car on my drive way. I can carry two kayaks and you on my Tundra to ER. A PM sent. I live in Cahntilly

Joe
      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-28-2015, 05:18 PM.
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
        So your friend were on a yellow Hobie?. It was a tough day. I think this Sat will be a better day. I believe you both have Hobie and that is a very good news. I assume that you guys have FF.

I think I will be on a grey Hobie adventure this coming Sat. I will find a couple of spots for the day before 09:00 AM. Please come to me if you launch later than I do.

FYI,
        The upper lake wasn't iced at all last Sunday. I want the north part of the lake, above Stub Bridge, freeze, so that stripers move to the Dike 3 for the warm water.

See you there.

P.s. in the second half of February, I will head for CBBT (Norfolk/VA Beach/Chesapeake) for my first February tautog. Since you want to try ER, I can pick one day for ER. If you want, you can park your car on my drive way. I can carry two kayaks and you on my Tundra to ER. A PM sent. I live in Cahntilly

Joe
        Yeah that was my brother in the yellow hobie outback. I've got a hobie revo. see you there.

I'm not surebabout making the long run south just yet i have a pretty tight budget. And we have a trailer so no problem carrying two or more kayaks.
        Olive Hobie Revo 13

Comment

Any luck?
          I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

Comment

Working...
          X