pedigree with a price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedigree with a price

just noticed Yamamoto 4.5" Heart Tail swimbait at T/W in new items.

great pedigree but really, almost $2 per for a 4.5" soft plastic. a pack of 12-15" bass could tear up $10 in baits lickety-split.

spending top dollar for baits sometimes pays off, other times not. I'd bet a backyard nightcrawler on a 10cent hook would outproduce these most days.

don't get me wrong, I like my Lucky Crafts and Champ/Extreme Dobyns rods, just feel that $2 per soft 4.5" soft plastic might actually be too rich, even for a guy that has actually dreamed about catching fish on senkos.

Not worth it in my opinion.. I'll admit I blow $10 for terminator spinnerbaits and $15 for a lucky craft pointer 100 though because they last. I've gone through $6 bags of his swim senkos in 2-3 hrs on 10-14 inchers
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

......... I never get how fishermen complain and don't spend money on bait and lures that catch but never complain and spend tons more on the costs to get there. I had a friend that refused to pay $10 for the bloodworms to catch the spot for bait but just spent over $100 in gas and tolls to get there. Obviously we spent too much time catching bait and few fish. The next time I brought the bloodworms and we hauled fish

Comment

Five Guys columbia

burger 5.49
        fries 2.29
        drink 1.99

total 9.77

enough calories for a day. I've got a smashed package of zoom worms from '98 in the basement. Stupid bass will eat those just as well most days.

Comment

Unfortunately you can't avoid the cost to get somewhere to fish. On the other hand it doesn't make sense to get to the fishing grounds unprepared to catch fish.

My wife had to take a class in Pasadena yesterday so I went to Bass Pro to kill time waiting for her. After many years I've decided to do some bass fishing this spring while waiting for the salt side to get up and running. Could not believe how much bass baits have gone up in price. I decided to use what I already have. They worked in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            ......... I never get how fishermen complain and don't spend money on bait and lures that catch but never complain and spend tons more on the costs to get there. I had a friend that refused to pay $10 for the bloodworms to catch the spot for bait but just spent over $100 in gas and tolls to get there. Obviously we spent too much time catching bait and few fish. The next time I brought the bloodworms and we hauled fish
            For lures there are just so many to choose from and so many super cheap (relative to others) lures that give a false sense of appropriate pricing. I spent years where it probably cost me more money to fill my tackle box with cheap, unproductive lures. I now understand that getting a single $6-8 lure is far more effective than getting 2-3 cheap lures to have variety or replacement when you lose one. Having a kayak has helped quite a bit in learning that, since now I can paddle close to retrieve a snagged lure that otherwise would have been lost from shore. Plus yak positioning helps to prevent snagging on good structure in the first place.
            Mike

Comment

I have been stocking up on tackle and such for the last month. I discovered a good, if somewhat time consuming way to save a lot of money using a feature of Amazon.com. They have some items listed with special "Add On" pricing. The deal being that things listed this way ship free with a $20 or more cart. However, what ever program sets the prices does it weirdly which often results in insane deals. For example, I was looking to pick up some Z-Man plastics and jigs as no one really carries them locally. Of the 8 colors they would have in a certain plastic, maybe 5 were around or slightly above MSRP, one color would be $2-4 more and the last one would be very very cheap, often around or under $2. Same thing with a ton of other fishing stuff. If you have the time to hunt around (or get frequent bouts of insomnia), it is very easy to find enough stuff to hit the $20 threshold and get a big old box of tackle for 50% or more off MSRP.
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

"Unfortunately you can't avoid the cost to get somewhere to fish. On the other hand it doesn't make sense to get to the fishing grounds unprepared to catch fish."

.......... Exactly ........ Doesn't make sense to me to to spend tons in travel and boats etc and not spend on lures that catch the fish you spent money to catch ........

Comment

just buy the salt water assisans 4.5 paddle tail shads and youll be fine

a 20 pk of those lasts me usually about 200 fish, between bass perch and striper, they are built to last with alot of action
                  Zach Moore
                  Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                  Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                  X