Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a Hydrowave fish feeding stimulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a Hydrowave fish feeding stimulator?

One of the Native Pro Staff members from Arkansas showed photos of how he had outfitted his new Slayer Propel 10 with a Hydrowave mini fish feeding stimulator (see http://www.basspro.com/HydroWave-Min...12161001_Black).

I have never heard of this device, nor have I seen one on a kayak before. I am curious if any Snaggedline members are familiar with this gadget. If so, does it catch fish or just catch fishermen?
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Although I would like to have a "shad frenzy" blasting through my hull at all times this seems justttttt a little too gimmicky especially at that price. Could just pull up some shad splashing on youtube and play it through your phone!
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

It's been endorsed by a few well known pros but I've never looked into the science that would back it up. It might be worth a shot if BPS will let you return it used if it doesn't work. Definitely let us know if you try it
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        It's been endorsed by a few well known pros but I've never looked into the science that would back it up. It might be worth a shot if BPS will let you return it used if it doesn't work. Definitely let us know if you try it
        I have no interest in trying one myself. I had never heard of the product before and thought I would ask about it.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Those pros will endorse anything that puts a jingle in their pocket.

Comment

Design appears to catch fishermen, so it's got "that" going for it.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Amazon has them for $97 shipped

Comment

I know a couple of Texas largemouth bass fisherman who have the original Hydrowaves mounted on their kayaks. They believe in certain circumstances that these do get the fish fired up. However, these same guys also employ side imaging fish finders that probably cost more than all the kayaks I have purchased lifetime combined.
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Someone should buy one and follow Alan around. If you catch more fish than he does, it definitely works.
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X