Suggestions and a Host are needed for the April M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions and a Host are needed for the April M&G

Since it was unfortunate that the Meet and Greet scheduled at the Susky Jamboree, felled victim to the cancellation of the Jamboree, but there are still some kayakers going to camp and fish that weekend. Regardless we have two choices. One is to continue with the M&G at the Susky, but many may not want go there to camp due to the Jamboree's cancellation, or we can pick another venue and go with the second weekend in April. This is all a volunteer event. Regardless of were it is done, we must SUGGEST and vote on a location that many would like to attend. Then we would need someone to host the event to make it a success. To host the event, all that is required is for the host to set a launch time and information on what species would be available. Making a list of who is going to attend is always helpful. Maybe provide any intel, weather reports, recent fishing reports, etc., and to preferably greet kayakers before the launch time. 2nd duty is to select a restaurant to have lunch and make the arrangements with the restaurant if needed. One location that was mentioned during the January M&G was a location on the Potomac for blue cats, launching from the Virginia side. I cannot remember the name of the place. I am sure there are other locations, or we can keep it at the Susky. Only locations that get a volunteer to host will be voted on or get the nod as the April 2015 M&G.

So post here on locations/launches that you would recommend and post if you would like to be a host. We can use the location with the most interest as the April M&G as long as we have a host to help organize it.

The Bushwood M&G would be much better in April than in March. I'd host there in April if you wish if there was a good March location.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Ok Snaggedliners, Kevin recommends moving the March M&G at Bushwood to April instead. If everyone chimes in and agrees, then we need someplace the replace March. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
      X