Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
    SFKFJ always fell on opening day of Rockfish trophy season. Which is the 3rd weekend of April. I wasn't at the Jan. M&G so I don't know what was discussed but I am thinking the M&G should be moved to the 18th. Just my opinion.

Sorry Cowpokey you won't be there but I promise to drink some extra for ya.
    Thanks for the enlightenment, didn't know that was how the dates fell, makes sense now.

I'll be expecting live reports on the water and off. LOL
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I guess I should have been more vigilant and posted here sooner…

SFKFJ always was determine by my schedule at work and what weekend I was on call. This year we added a fourth man into the rotation, but the yearly schedule was not approved by management until late in December. With that and some other issues that have raised their head, it just became very hard to get things going in the right direction. We may pursue the event again starting next year, but as some have said, it may depend a lot on the State of Maryland and whatever rule changes come down on Striped Bass. This year they did not send out permit request until into the second week of the January, years prior the request was mailed out in November.

With that said….a bunch of us are going to still get together at the campground and go fishing the weekend of the 18th. There is not going to be a anything formal in anyway and we will probably just end up at one or anthers campsite for a potluck of meals….who knows, I'm playing by ear this year……

To all that have attended and supported the event, thank you. You are the reason it took off and became a big success. To all you that were planning to attend, my heartfelt apologies….but don't let it stop you from coming out and hanging out….

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post

SFKFJ always was determine by my schedule at work and what weekend I was on call. This year we added a fourth man into the rotation, but the yearly schedule was not approved by management until late in December. With that and some other issues that have raised their head, it just became very hard to get things going in the right direction. We may pursue the event again starting next year, but as some have said, it may depend a lot on the State of Maryland and whatever rule changes come down on Striped Bass. This year they did not send out permit request until into the second week of the January, years prior the request was mailed out in November.

With that said….a bunch of us are going to still get together at the campground and go fishing the weekend of the 18th. There is not going to be a anything formal in anyway and we will probably just end up at one or anthers campsite for a potluck of meals….who knows, I'm playing by ear this year……

To all that have attended and supported the event, thank you. You are the reason it took off and became a big success. To all you that were planning to attend, my heartfelt apologies….but don't let it stop you from coming out and hanging out….

Thanks,

Bob
        Thanks for all your hard work putting this on the last few years. Hopefully things work out in the future and it come together again. I will be there this year to fish and as always have a shot of Birthday Cake Vodka with you.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Bob, you got us down here with your parties, and we have had good times, we'll be in site 43 that weekend, Sea-Ya.............Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post

Thanks,

Bob
            Bob!!! Say it ain't so!!

Darn but ok, will plan to come up that weekend. Rain, schedule and poor conditions kept me off the flats last year. If nothing else food, drink camaraderie and maybe a couple shad from Deer Creek. Not bad consolation...

Comment

I was just about to post on this topic. Thanks M. Miller and JFFoley for your post and to Rockchaser for pointing out the correct M&G Date. On the M&G schedule is does state that the M&G was supposed to occur at the Susky Jamboree, unfortunately, the wrong date was posted. The Jamboree was the 18th , so the M&G was suppose to be that date also. I corrected the date on the schedule, so there should not be any more confusion on the date. It sounds like quite a bit of Anglers will be visiting the park to camp/fish/or visit and hangout. Bob, an unofficial potluck sounds like a great idea. As Jffoley said If nothing else food, drink camaraderie might just get me up there. Bulldog, that is a great idea to post your campsite number so others can try to get their own site nearby the potential action.

Comment

We are heading down tomorrow, we'll be in site #43 until the rangers throw us out. Fish or no fish should be a good time!......Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                  We are heading down tomorrow, we'll be in site #43 until the rangers throw us out. Fish or no fish should be a good time!......Jack
                  The turbidity has been dropping slowly but is still pretty bad. Good luck!
                  Mike

Comment

On the water now, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Water is very fishable, even for lures...

Comment

Are you guys fishing morning and evening?
                      Randy Lemmons
                      12' Ascend
                      17' Center Console

Comment

Anyone fishing Sunday too?

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I would like to get out there sat morning. where are you guys gonna launch from,
                          I am new to fishing in the flats.
                          Brian
                          White Marsh MD
                          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

We have been launching at Perryville park 7:30Am to 7:30PM, other then that gates are locked, and Tydings (spelling?)in Harve De Grace. There is also a place called Jean Roberts kayak launch by the bridge just up from Tyings, seems nice I stopped by to use porta pottie last year, never launched there yet. I had something large on , pulled me a bit and I was having a great time, but bent the hook. Mullet saw the whole thing, still doesn't count!..........Jack

Comment

Just settling in at home...the connection at the campground totally sucked this year...the bane of clear skies. Yup, saw Jack lose his, as well as the 2 I lost, one at boat side the whacked her head against the hull and shook loose. The first fish I hooked some how was able the get the lure to come off the Tactical Angler clip. The damn thing was side ways on my leader...still trying to figure that out. There are fish there, not far off the launch at Tydings Marina, 8-12 foot of water. Jack's son Jason landed a Large that evening.

Kinda glad we didn't hold the event this year. The Park has a new head ranger, and she wasn't the nicest person to deal with. The campsites were not well kept, and they had someone cut a lot of trees down, with trunks at various heights and all the cuttings still scattered around the sites. Really sad to see, the level of service was evident in the bath house as well.

Comment

jason's striper 2015 Susky.jpg

Jason's Striper, his first big striper and my first attempt at attaching photo!...Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X