Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree

In case y'all haven't heard, there will not be a formal Flats Jamboree this year.

Myself and some friends from central PA are still planning on camping and fishing the weekend of April 17-19.
    Jackson Kayak Coosa HD
    Jackson Kayak Kilroy DT

Seriously! I've been trying to make it since it started (since it's literally 10 minutes from my house) and this is the first year I was able to make it. That's quite a bummer. I'm guessing the April M&G is still happening on the 11th so that's better than nothing!

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

The Facebook posting mentioned that a bunch of guys will still be going - kind of an informal jamboree.
      Jackson Kayak Coosa HD
      Jackson Kayak Kilroy DT

Comment

I'm wondering if we can modify our M&G schedule to hook with the guys on the 17th - 19th? Was it supposed to concide with the Jamboree?

Comment

I'll be there those days camping and fishing too, even though I only live 30 minutes away. It will still be a good time, only with out the main event on that Saturday. Come on out.

Comment

Changing the M&g is no problem since the 17-19 would have been the actual dates anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
              Changing the M&g is no problem since the 17-19 would have been the actual dates anyway.
              Good that is what I was hoping to hear. Seems kind of pointless to have the M&G followed by a bunch of guys getting together the next weekend to do the same thing. I say the more the merrier.

Comment

I'll be there with at least two other guys perhaps four. Had. Great time the last two times I went!.......Jack

Comment

I will be there, always a lot of fun.
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                    I'm not following...second Saturday in April is the 11th?
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Yes. It's the 11th. However, the MnG has been held at the Jamboree, regardless of the weekend the last couple of years.

The 17-19 doesn't have to be a MnG, it's when a bunch of guys are meeting and camping for the weekend at Susquehanna State Park, and do some flats fishing. That's all.

The MnG can still be held on the second Saturday just find a location and a host and post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        I'm not following...second Saturday in April is the 11th?
                        I'm still lost also. By the M&G schedule the M&G was scheduled to be the second Saturday the 11th, which I thought was going to coincide with the SFKFJ, I could be wrong on this but really thought it was meant to be the same weekend as the SFKFJ. This is where the confusion comes in. Did they know already at the M&G planning meeting that the SFKFJ was cancelled and just picked this weekend as a Snaggedline function or was it meant to be the same as last year and just overlap the SFKFJ?

It appears that the SFKFJ was going to be on the 18th but now has been cancelled for this year and many that were going to go to the now cancelled SFKFJ are planning a trip for the weekend 18th.

I and a few others are hoping the M&G can be bumped up a week to the 18th to make it possible to hook up with those planning to go on the 18th on thier own in spite of the cancelled SFKFJ.

Thinking twice, what the hell, I can hopefully just go both weekends. I do want to camp one weekend and would like to know how this is all going to end up as my wife is going to take a few days off work that she has to put in for.

Comment

When we had the Jan M&G the planning discussion said the SFKFJ was the 11th...don't remember who said that, but that's why the M&G was scheduled to coincide with the jambo. I will be out of town by the 3rd Saturday, not that that effects the group...other than the crowd I draw.

LOL
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

SFKFJ always fell on opening day of Rockfish trophy season. Which is the 3rd weekend of April. I wasn't at the Jan. M&G so I don't know what was discussed but I am thinking the M&G should be moved to the 18th. Just my opinion.

Sorry Cowpokey you won't be there but I promise to drink some extra for ya.
                            Jim

Hobie Outback
                            TKAA member
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Here we go. Head over to this thread for more information on the April M&G.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...480#post104480

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              Since it was unfortunate that the Meet and Greet scheduled at the Susky Jamboree, felled victim to the cancellation of the Jamboree, but there are still some kayakers going to camp and fish that weekend. Regardless we have two choices. One is to continue with the M&G at the Susky, but many may not want go there to camp due to the Jamboree's cancellation, or we can pick another venue and go with the second weekend in April. This is all a volunteer event. Regardless of were it is done, we must SUGGEST and vote on a location that many would like to attend. Then we would need someone to host the event to make it a success. To host the event, all that is required is for the host to set a launch time and information on what species would be available. Making a list of who is going to attend is always helpful. Maybe provide any intel, weather reports, recent fishing reports, etc., and to preferably greet kayakers before the launch time. 2nd duty is to select a restaurant to have lunch and make the arrangements with the restaurant if needed. One location that was mentioned during the January M&G was a location on the Potomac for blue cats, launching from the Virginia side. I cannot remember the name of the place. I am sure there are other locations, or we can keep it at the Susky. Only locations that get a volunteer to host will be voted on or get the nod as the April 2015 M&G.

So post here on locations/launches that you would recommend and post if you would like to be a host. We can use the location with the most interest as the April M&G as long as we have a host to help organize it.

Comment

Working...
                              X