Avoiding the ice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding the ice..

Is there any place that stays defrosted to do some fishing? I like to do some bass fishing. But i dont know of any site or app that will tell me if there ice on the water or not. I see people are launching out of ft armstead for rock fish. I may try that since its close and probably my only option. If anyone knows of any ponds lakes or rivers that are ice free to do some bass fishing let me know. Thanks.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

The lakes in my area (Montgomery County) are locked up in ice. I fished the Tidal Occoquan last weekend. It was largely ice free on Saturday but ice was a problem early on Sunday (it started to dissipate by late afternoon).
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

The patapsco near the southwest area park looks like it is mostly thawed. I've heard that the belly grove ponds are still frozen though but that could change with the warmer temps this weekend. If you are still in Brooklyn park that is right in your back yard.
      Mike

Comment

Looking for somewhere myself....willing to travel further south....any ideas or anybody wanna fish Sunday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
        Tarpon 120
        Ascend D10T

Personal bests
        25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
        Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

With the rain i ended up going to the richmond fishing show. This weekend might be looking good. With the slightly warmer weather and rain to melt the remaining ice i may shoot over to some delaware ponds or the potomac.
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
          X