Paddle measureing tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    I thought about getting one of those originally, but was reading that kayak tournaments will be going to Hawg Trough as the only acceptable measuring device this year. Not that I fish many tourneys, but might as well be prepared for the few I do.
    I've got the expandable Plano. Not a big fan. Can't tell you how many times I've torn up my fingers trying to get the $&#* thing to open or close when dealing with a fish. It's also not the easiest thing to read.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
      I've got the expandable Plano. Not a big fan. Can't tell you how many times I've torn up my fingers trying to get the $&#* thing to open or close when dealing with a fish. It's also not the easiest thing to read.
      Does the Plano board have raised marks and numbers? I used a black permanent marker to make my hawg trough marks easier to read. The same idea might work well for the Plano board with white paint.
      Mike

Comment

It does have raised numbers. You'd have to test a few different paint to see what would stick. I gave up on it more because I didn't like the collapse function. I ended up using my CCA ruler sticker on it to make it easier to read.
        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
          Does the Plano board have raised marks and numbers? I used a black permanent marker to make my hawg trough marks easier to read. The same idea might work well for the Plano board with white paint.
          I used a black sharpie on my plano one. It did help a lot, though white would probably work even better for visability.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

If you go with white paint I'd put a top clear coat of something on it. I bought edge sealer to use on my snaggedline yak decals. That stuff works great. Definitely need good ventilation when using it though.
            Mike

Comment

Sharpie makes a Metallic Silver marker, it's more like paint than ink. Works well writing on dark colors.

Should be able to pick up anywhere that carries stationary stuff.

http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Pages/me...nt-marker.aspx
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
              X