• Show
Clear All

• Yup. That 29 incher was mine Metro.
    2015 Outback
    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

• image.jpg
      I need to force myself to take more pics as well mytmouse. The one above is my first top water blue. A 34" chomper.
      Here is my son's 39 incher.
      image.jpg
      -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
      Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
      Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15849[/ATTACH]
        I need to force myself to take more pics as well mytmouse. The one above is my first top water blue. A 34" chomper.
        Here is my son's 39 incher.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15850[/ATTACH]
        Wow, those are nice blues! Congrats to you and your son.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

• congrats to all that went! awesome snaggedline representation, wish i could have been there
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jet View Post
            congrats to all that went! awesome snaggedline representation, wish i could have been there
            Congrats to those who placed! I, like others, got a workout from the blues. I caught them on just about everything I threw: tube & worm, crankbaits, Z-man, bucktail, and topwater. They were thick all weekend, but at one point, my brother and I came upon a large school of tailing bluefish that hit on every cast for a good hour or so. No fish we caught from that school was less than 28" and the largest I caught was 33". P1000471.jpg P1000474.jpg
            While throwing a topwater lure with two treble hooks, I even hooked two blues on the same cast, one on each hook. I wasn't nearly as successful with the other target species, as I only landed a few schoolie stripers and no fluke. My best catch, however, came after the tournament as I broke my winless streak in tournament raffles by winning this new toy:P1000479.jpg

Already looking forward to next year.
            Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

• If there WAS a woman's division, I guess I would have won that; instead, I was more concerned about keeping folks from deliberately tangling ALL my lines and wrapping braid in my motor. Oh well, I guess I didn't succeed at that either.
              2015 Outback
              2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                Yup. That 29 incher was mine Metro.
                Ah ok..nice! That makes me feel better about not turning in my 28" fish now.

Why'd they take it off the board? Because of the three-way tie for second?
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

• Yes, I think so. Anyway, it was good to see you and the Boyz. Peace out.
                  Kaye
                  2015 Outback
                  2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

• Great time as always guys! I'm glad that JBay didn't disappoint for the new folks that came up!

Funny thing about that blue, I had a decent fish on and lost it during slack tide and then couldn't buy a bite. I was trying to cast a heavy conventional reel for practice and sort of messing around with a big spoon in 3ft of water and that tiny bluefish hit it as soon as it hit the water. I HAD to bring it back for Mike!
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

• Now you guys understand why I always run home to Jersey to fish.....It's a whole different class of fish above Delaware!

Good seeing everyone up there, I think you almost outnumbered the NYKFA guys! It was a lot of fun.

Personally, it had to be one of the best J-bay trips ever for me. It was really fun watching my son totally own his own world on the water. This was the first trip where he took care of his own gear and retied after break offs. I only had to help him once, and that was his big gator that put him on top of the juniors. Damn thing got close to the yak and bolted straight out the back, tying his rudder up pretty bad...talk about tense...

mtymouse, I was really feeling for you man...that wind was kicking our ass in the Revo's.

Hope to see ya's on the Bay this summer, But for now, flounder is opening up home....gotta get me some flatties

Comment

• Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post
                        Now you guys understand why I always run home to Jersey to fish.....It's a whole different class of fish above Delaware!
                        I totally agree Bob!

Good to see you and everyone else up at J-Bay. It was a really fun time and the bluefish sure were plentiful.

On a final note, after Jon Mueller's original KFS cart broke right at the most vulnerable and predictable spot, guess what we both ordered when we got back? Thanks for the design bud!

Comment

• forgot to post some pictures from the tourney...
                          40" striper was my biggest out of 2
                          2015-05-18 (2).jpgIMG_1604 (2).jpg
                          32" blue biggest out of 9

Comment

• Nice fish. Kinda ballsy holding your hand that close to the Blues mouth.
                            Jim

Hobie Outback
                            TKAA member
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                            X