The first Skunk of 2015, CBBT, Jan 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first Skunk of 2015, CBBT, Jan 11

I launched at 07:00 AM and went straight to the First Island. There was no wind and the current was mild for 3 hours. I fished 8 pilings without a bite
    The top water temp was 39F. I guess the water was too cold. That was why I am the only one fishing I guess.

Once the current picked up and the wind started blowing, I leashed myself to the kayak. I knew I would be dead if I got separated from the kayak. With wearing that much, I couldn't swim fast enough to catch the kayak and I didn't think I could swim to the First Island. Yes, fishing alone is dangerous.

I came back to SBC in the afternoon. I met two yakers (I had talked with them in December last year). We went through 20-30 pilings without expecting much.
    Zero bites for all three of us. Green crab and shrimp didn't matter.

One positive thing was that I learned a lot about Lynnhaven Inlet fishing from them. This is a good news for Cape Henlopen (DE) fish

Now I am switching tackles for the Lake Anna stripers for January and February.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I think the water was too cold too. You started the new year on a good note anyway; you caught a big January tog. Thanks for the report.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
    X