No announcement yet.

Bass Pro feb 7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to On the Fly for setting this up, to DaddyG for supplying his Hobie PA kayak for display, and to Moc for the laptops and banner. The rest of us who helped out were happy to share information with folks who stopped by.

Here is a thought for next year. The question that I was asked the most often yesterday was: "How much does a kayak like that cost?" DaddyG's kayak is a top-of-the-line boat rigged out with many accessories -- the cost to buy and rig a kayak like that is quite significant. It might make sense to also display a basic paddle kayak that may be more relevant to those looking to get into the sport for the first time. Whether that boat would be one of BPS's own models (Ascend) from their inventory or one provided by a Snaggedline member, I think it would be a good comparison to show the range of kayaks that can be used to enjoy our sport. I am not suggesting that we replace the Hobie with a paddle kayak -- rather I would like to see both types displayed. I don't know if BPS is able to provide space for that or not. Let's keep it in mind for next year.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John,

That's a good idea.

We got a lot of queries from people who have no kayak. It would be helpful for them to see that there are lower cost alternatives rather than us pointing to the rack of paddle kayaks on the far side of the store.

It's also good for them to see how developed the hobby has become and that many options exist to add to our enjoyment of it.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          John,

That's a good idea.

We got a lot of queries from people who have no kayak. It would be helpful for them to see that there are lower cost alternatives rather than us pointing to the rack of paddle kayaks on the far side of the store.

It's also good for them to see how developed the hobby has become and that many options exist to add to our enjoyment of it.
          Mark - You were the one who first mentioned the idea of displaying a kayak other than the most expensive option. Thanks for planting the thought in my head.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

We had talked about that but DaddyG has always been very generous with his time and yak. But it is something we can definetly do even if we just use a bass pro yak. The main reason we are there is to let them know who we are and discuss yak fishing. It is nice to at least have one set up for fishing, but will discuss it for next year....now on to fishing the bay!!!!!!

And on a side note MOC you need to bring more money next year because you certainly didn't buy enough stuff....

Comment

I wanted to thank yall for setting up and spending your time at Bass pro Saturday. I was the guy from NC that had recently moved up. You guys spent about an hour letting me pick your brains and helping with rigging ideas and local fishing info. Hope to get out to some of the meet and greets and do some fishing with you guys soon. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeeton View Post
                I wanted to thank yall for setting up and spending your time at Bass pro Saturday. I was the guy from NC that had recently moved up. You guys spent about an hour letting me pick your brains and helping with rigging ideas and local fishing info. Hope to get out to some of the meet and greets and do some fishing with you guys soon. Thanks again.
                Welcome aboard. It was good to meet you. See you on the water.
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Yes I remembered us talking to Harry On The Fly about getting a Bass Pro Ascend as a demo for a comparison, so it would not just look to Bass Pro that we were just pushing Hobies. We were just trying to see where to place one in the place allotted. So it seems that we all had a similar idea for next year.

Comment

jakeeton,

Welcome to the area and to the forum.

Thank you for giving us your time and attention.

Good luck with your FF installation.

You'll find that your fresh water fishing experience will be very helpful in fishing our tidal waters.

I look forward to meeting you again on the water.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

in regards to what is displayed, inexpensive to expensive, as long as it rigged imo. anchor trolleys, fish finders, live wells, etc. from launching at ramps, for me, it goes, "wow, you fish out of that thing...out there? to WOW, you have a fish finder on that??
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X